YM!

Inside Out 2 | June 14, 2024 | Biggest animated movie of all time! We aren’t Pixover but Pixulling Back!

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Funny thing is 10 years ago Ed Catmull insisted that it wasn't Disney who enforced the making of sequels. Maybe he left it unsaid that Pixar itself insists on sequels.

I mean their third movie was a sequel. They were never as resistant to the idea as their sister studio was for a long time. 

I am curious what sort of thing they're planning for 2027-2028. That'd be too soon to start the ball rolling on any kind of new Nemo/Incredibles if they wanted Bird or Stanton involved. Wouldn't be surprised by a new Monsters movie or even some kind of Dug/Russell adventure if Docter's now willing to mine all his IP.

Actually I guess it wouldn't be that outlandish a timetable for Nemo since Dory took four years after John Carter, and Blink of an Eye is now finished so Stanton might already be working on that.

Edited by AniNate

1 minute ago, AnthonyJPHer said:

I think what grabbed my attention about the article was that they are giving Inside Out 2 a 100-day exclusive theatrical release. Which would be September 22, 2024. 

Similar to Elemental's.

Just now, cannastop said:

So the review embargo is the day before previews? Weird, I would have thought it would have been Monday, not Wednesday.

Same. I know a late embargo doesn’t necessarily mean a bad thing but I was hoping for earlier to boost sales with hopefully good reviews.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

That doesn’t display confidence as iirc it’s similar to Lightyear’s pattern but then again Elemental and Wish may have badly burned them.

2 minutes ago, YM! said:

That doesn’t display confidence as iirc it’s similar to Lightyear’s pattern but then again Elemental and Wish may have badly burned them.

they have done this with all their movies so far this year. I just think they are really burned from last year, so they don't want to risk it. (Because they were clearly more confident internally with some of those movies and it ended up backfiring)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Youngstar said:

they have done this with all their movies so far this year. I just think they are really burned from last year, so they don't want to risk it. (Because they were clearly more confident internally with some of those movies and it ended up backfiring)

Yeah, Young Woman and the Sea's embargo lifted today and reception is pretty solid. Everything else about Disney's release strategy with that movie is beyond me ofc

1 hour ago, Youngstar said:

I did just notice that. The First Omen, Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, and now Young Woman and the Sea all basically had the same embargo that Inside Out 2 is having and they all did pretty well in terms of reviews. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

If we are going longer back Disney has done it basically for every marvel movie since Eternals. Even those that got solid or good reviews. Wakanda Forever for example. Vol 3 is the exception but IIRC it was originally planned to be same but they pushed earlier due to low tickets. Anything over 85% for this would be great imo. Hopefully not under 80%

Edited by thajdikt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HummingLemon496 said:

$85M OW for Inside Out 2 would be. . .

Cringe Reaction GIF

it would be fine. Seriously. It’d only be 5 million less than the original and that was in 2015. You’ve got to stop this, it honestly seems like you are trolling at this point 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, AnthonyJPHer said:

it would be fine. Seriously. It’d only be 5 million less than the original and that was in 2015. You’ve got to stop this, it honestly seems like you are trolling at this point 

The truth is not trolling. $85M would, in fact, be really bad.

Inside Out 2, a sequel to a $356M grossing hit from a decade ago, should not be opening lower than Inside Out, an original film. it's like if Avatar 2 opened lower than 1 or something like that. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

The truth is not trolling. $85M would, in fact, be really bad.

Inside Out 2, a sequel to a $356M grossing hit from a decade ago, should not be opening lower than Inside Out, an original film. it's like if Avatar 2 opened lower than 1 or something like that. 

Actually, it’d be only slightly down on the original and its total would probably be around the same. It wouldn’t be “really bad” it’d be slightly disappointing but not “really bad”.

• Like 2