YM!

Inside Out 2 | June 14, 2024 | Kelsey Mann directs. Mindy Kaling will not return

14 minutes ago, WebSurfer said:

Eh, intrigued to see how this film does review-wise.

Will it be a Frozen 2 or a Toy Story 2?

I predict it will maybe do mid 80s RT. I think it's possible that critics now are less favorable to Disney animated films now, whether WDAS or Pixar.

18 minutes ago, WebSurfer said:

Eh, intrigued to see how this film does review-wise.

Will it be a Frozen 2 or a Toy Story 2?

It’ll for sure be a financial success, but I’m on the fence on if it’ll touch the original’s gross.

On 3/23/2024 at 10:12 PM, HummingLemon496 said:

Interesting analysis about this movie's domestic prospects:

I agree with this. I think 100-110m OW and 360-370m DOM. I think competition and Disney having issues in middle America will prevent it from doing 480m like Frozen 2 and Finding Dory did. I think it may see a bigger increase OS though because Wish and Elemental prove Disney name is bigger there, so over 900m WW.

4 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Does Pixar still have it in them to pull off a TOy Story 2, where a sequel is actually as good if not better then the original?

No because they don't really have sequel-able movies anymore. Used them up

10 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

I agree with this. I think 100-110m OW and 360-370m DOM. I think competition and Disney having issues in middle America will prevent it from doing 480m like Frozen 2 and Finding Dory did. I think it may see a bigger increase OS though because Wish and Elemental prove Disney name is bigger there, so over 900m WW.

Would have an inside out 2 made $480 m dom.anyways? Not sure. Course we don't know what it will make this year 

25 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Does Pixar still have it in them to pull off a TOy Story 2, where a sequel is actually as good if not better then the original?

That was easy to do with Toy Story because it was just a decent movie.

Would be much harder to do with Inside Out because it's one of the greatest films of all time.

2 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Would be much harder to do with Inside Out because it's one of the greatest films of all time.

I think it was more that Inside Out just felt more self contained.

5 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

It is certainly my favorite animated film of the past few years.

And it has one bit I reference all the time in internet arguments; The "Facts and Opinions: People get them mixed up all the time" scene.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, cannastop said:

No because they don't really have sequel-able movies anymore. Used them up

Oth, they are  sequeable from a box office point of view.most of the sequels make money...but from an artisitc point of view I agree.

Hell, I evne think Frozen was pretty much self contained.

Just now, dudalb said:

Oth, they are  sequeable from a box office point of view.most of the sequels make money...but from an artisitc point of view I agree.

Hell, I evne think Frozen was pretty much self contained.

Yeah, don't understand why that movie got a sequel when there was nothing left to talk about.

Domee Shi did say there could be a continuation of Turning Red but it's not what she's working on now. So that's very far in the future if it happens at all, but it is something I personally would like to see. Luca's director on the other hand kind of closed the door.

Just now, cannastop said:

Domee Shi did say there could be a continuation of Turning Red but it's not what she's working on now. So that's very far in the future if it happens at all, but it is something I personally would like to see. Luca's director on the other hand kind of closed the door.

Yeah, the latter film has nothing meaningful to expand upon. Inside Out 2 has some things it could do, but I'm not sure how the outcome will be. The trailers don't seem to be taking themselves seriously.

• Like 1

I don't think any movie is truly "unsequelable" from a creative standpoint, unless maybe the characters are all killed off (though that's not always the case either). It's just the motivation for making them isn't often legit creativity.

• Thanks 1

On 3/23/2024 at 10:55 PM, WebSurfer said:

Wasn’t there a source somewhere saying that this would be screening at cinemacon?

They typically show like the first half hour of their summer releases at an influencer junket (happening now) followed by a presentation of the same footage at Cinemacon.

I guess their thinking is give everyone enough to do a writeup of substance on but also withhold enough that they can't give a complete evaluation, leaving them inclined to lean on benefit of the doubt and write about the footage they do see with a positive tone.

50 minutes ago, ZeroHour said:

I would be very surprised if any of Pixar’s streaming era films ended up with sequels. Too much uncertainty around their potential box office. 

I think depending on how well Domee Shi's second feature does she could get a blank check of sorts.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, AniNate said:

They typically show like the first half hour of their summer releases at an influencer junket (happening now) followed by a presentation of the same footage at Cinemacon.

I guess their thinking is give everyone enough to do a writeup of substance on but also withhold enough that they can't give a complete evaluation, leaving them inclined to lean on benefit of the doubt and write about the footage they do see with a positive tone.

Very cool...

They did something similar with Elemental and we know how that turned out.