YM!

Inside Out 2 | June 14, 2024 | Kelsey Mann directs. Mindy Kaling will not return

11 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I love the visual for Ennui as the classic eternally bored Left Bank/Monmarte intellecual.

The visual language of the trailer is perhaps an underrated point. The designs of the emotions themselves are pretty accurate (and funny/appealing) characters of the emotion in question.  As are the tones/inflections of the voices of the emotions.

Is the actual story all that new?  Well, no.  But very few stories are new.  It's the execution which matters.

• Like 5

If all the OG cast and crew were back I would be certain that there was at least an organic vision in mind not mostly motivated by keeping Pixar's lights on. As it is though the changes have me less inclined to give this the benefit of the doubt. 

I admit feeling a little bitterness also that these franchises easily hype everyone up while all the original movies Pixar puts out have people all too quick to label them a bomb.

Edited by AniNate

On 11/2/2023 at 12:14 PM, ZeroHour said:

If Ennui is really one of the new emotions, I would almost bet money this one will be wearing a black turtleneck and speaking in a French accent.

Are you psychic? 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

On 3/8/2024 at 6:09 AM, JustLurking said:

This looks like a complete retread of the first film to me? New emotions kick the old ones out -> they make a mess -> old emotions find their way back -> emotions realise they have to work together is what this looks like to me. Not impressed.

Also, I still don't get where these emotions are on other people. The mom still doesn't have them even in this film. Do they just end up merging into the old ones by the end or something? There better not be some lame excuse like they disappear once people grow up or something, like adults don't feel stuff like embarassment or envy.

Probably will be gone in some part of Riley's mind where they won't make a mess and only visit the main headquarters once in a while or something like that.

Feel like it's gonna be a tight race between this and Deadpool for the summer crown domestically and between this and Despicable Me globally. It just has so much potential with the concept of a teenaged Riley to really click with Gen Z and the family demo that Pixar always brings. Plus, the first one being Pixar's biggest non-sequel besides Finding Nemo dom and ww is very important here.

Been wondering what type of sequels Pixar could actually pursue in the next couple of years - hopefully amongst several original films that they intend to make. I think Toy Story 5 is a very meh idea - plus that franchise has hit its ceiling -, but I can see Monsters, Inc 2 and Brave 2 exploding. Nothing else besides another Incredibles (with the kids aged up), but that can wait.

On 3/16/2024 at 10:02 PM, John Marston said:

Something about this makes it feel like a cheap DTV movie. Especially with Pete Docter, Michael Giacchino, and several cast members not returning 

Wait, is Giacchino not coming back?

That's somehow worse than the director and actors not showing up tbh

51 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

Been wondering what type of sequels Pixar could actually pursue in the next couple of years - hopefully amongst several original films that they intend to make. I think Toy Story 5 is a very meh idea - plus that franchise has hit its ceiling -, but I can see Monsters, Inc 2 and Brave 2 exploding. Nothing else besides another Incredibles (with the kids aged up), but that can wait.

I genuinely don't want any sequels for the next 10 years. Or maybe ever.

23 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I genuinely don't want any sequels for the next 10 years. Or maybe ever.

I don't WANT any and I do hope that we keep getting originals after this. Last I checked multiple filmmakers over the studio were developing original projects. There's hope.

The unfortunate truth is that at least so far post-pandemic animated sequels are doing well at the box office and originals are not. At least not to the level that these movies have to succeed to justify their large budgets. Pixar's in a difficult position where their choices are probably to mix in a lot of sequels or ship most of the jobs on these films overseas to get the budgets under $100 million.

38 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

I don't WANT any and I do hope that we keep getting originals after this. Last I checked multiple filmmakers over the studio were developing original projects. There's hope.

29 minutes ago, ZeroHour said:

The unfortunate truth is that at least so far post-pandemic animated sequels are doing well at the box office and originals are not. At least not to the level that these movies have to succeed to justify their large budgets. Pixar's in a difficult position where their choices are probably to mix in a lot of sequels or ship most of the jobs on these films overseas to get the budgets under $100 million.

Well the good? news for us is that there are no announced sequels other than Toy Story 5. And they don't seem to be doing mass outsourcing either. So it seems like they're not taking BOT's advice.

Though I do want to ask, what gross "justifies" a $200 million budget? $600 million? $800 million? A billion?