YM!

Inside Out 2 | June 14, 2024 | Kelsey Mann directs. Mindy Kaling will not return

You have to be cautious about stgories about great reaponses at screenings. but this is certainly not a bad sign.

The new charecter I l ook forward to the most is Ennui. I love the whole Paris Left Bank Exsistencial Intellectual vibe they are giving her.

I feel like positive reactions from Pixar screenings at CinemaCon are almost a given at this point, so Inside Out 2 having good reactions from CinemaCon isn't particularly surprising nor exciting IMO.

I have a feeling this and Moana 2 are going to be better than the last 2 years of movie output from WDAS and Pixar though. Not that I think it's much of a bar to clear (Elemental notwithstanding), but I do have hope for this, even if they both almost certainly won't be as good as the first Inside Out and Moana. Although it could just be Disney doing a far better job at selling their sequels than their originals...

• Like 1

Pixar knows if they show a chunk of the movie but not all of it they get the benefit of the doubt by default. Hawke and Edebiri sound like they'll help bring some laughs at least and I don't expect this will be like a Cars 2 level sequel anymore.

2 hours ago, PNF2187 said:

I feel like positive reactions from Pixar screenings at CinemaCon are almost a given at this point, so Inside Out 2 having good reactions from CinemaCon isn't particularly surprising nor exciting IMO.

I have a feeling this and Moana 2 are going to be better than the last 2 years of movie output from WDAS and Pixar though. Not that I think it's much of a bar to clear (Elemental notwithstanding), but I do have hope for this, even if they both almost certainly won't be as good as the first Inside Out and Moana. Although it could just be Disney doing a far better job at selling their sequels than their originals...

Yeah I don't expect Moana 2 and Inside Out 2 to be as good or better than their originals but I hope they are good. I think both will be well received and make a lot of money and if they reach the level of their originals then...the sky is the limit. 

I have a range of $350-$425m for Inside Out 2 if it is well received but no idea about Moana 2. It is the most watched movie on streaming which would point to a massive jump from the first ($248,7m DOM) but idk...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WebSurfer said:

This could be at the bar of other Pixar sequels, where they are seen as worse than the originals but still get positive reviews…

At least, worse from the perspective of fans.

Yeah that's the trend. Monsters University, Finding Dory, Incredibles 2... all have positive reviews but not as high as the original. Don't know why people think Inside Out 2 would be different.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

https://pixarpost.com/2024/04/inside-out-2-story-heart-humor-go-behind-the-scenes-of-the-film.html

This seems to be the actual source of this information. Dunno what it says that they needed teenage girl consultants when they didn't need them for Turning Red.

probably because Turning Red is based on the writer/director's own teenage girlhood?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

probably because Turning Red is based on the writer/director's own teenage girlhood?

well yeah that's the point. Domee Shi even said on the original Inside Out, where she was a story artist, she was happy that "being a teenage girl" was one thing she was an expert in.

20 hours ago, cannastop said:

INSIDE OUT 2 IS THE FIRST PIXAR MOVIE WITH A MOSTLY FEMALE STORY TEAM

that's part of the same article.

Some people are confused because they thought Turning Red had an all female story team, but what it actually had was all female leadership.

• Like 1