YM!

Inside Out 2 | June 14, 2024 | Kelsey Mann directs. Mindy Kaling will not return

None of that to say I3 and Finding Hank (yes this is what Pixar has said 3 would be) would be guaranteed bombs right now or anything. They’d still probably be relatively fail proof as far as not losing money. Just not guaranteed smash hits. Could easily miss out on 100 OW without the right marketing + reception. 

Edited by MovieMan89

4 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

None of that to say I3 and Finding Hank (yes this is what Pixar has said 3 would be) would be guaranteed bombs right now or anything. They’d still probably be relatively fail proof as far as not losing money. Just not guaranteed smash hits. Could easily miss out on 100 OW without the right marketing + reception. 

I think Incredibles 3 is gonna be huge, but it's not the right time... maybe wait til the end of the decade. And age up the kids.

• Like 1

I3 needs to happen for the sheer fact that the IP has always had tons of potential for sequels galore, and they squashed it all by making 2 a complete and total boring rehash of 1. 

I think the real question with Pixar sequels though is what would a Ratatouille, Wall-E, or Up 2 do? All absolutely immaculate reputation movies in their catalog, but I can’t fathom how sequels for any of them work. So it’s interesting. 

Edited by MovieMan89

On 1/20/2024 at 8:53 PM, MovieMan89 said:

I think the real question with Pixar sequels though is what would a Ratatouille, Wall-E, or Up 2 do? All absolutely immaculate reputation movies in their catalog, but I can’t fathom how sequels for any of them work. So it’s interesting. 

there should not and will not be sequels to those movies.

Also I think it's a good thing that Incredibles as a franchise has not been over-exploited. There's a reason Incredibles 2 made over $600m dom

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

there should not and will not be sequels to those movies.

Also I think it's a good thing that Incredibles as a franchise has not been over-exploited. There's a reason Incredibles 2 made over $600m dom

Should not… I’d hold off on will not until we see how desperate Disney will get if fortunes don’t turn at the box office… 

I3 is a necessity though for the sheer fact that there were a million interesting ways to go with sequels and they chose to completely rehash the first movie, literally the worst and most pointless option they could’ve taken. We deserve a real incredibles sequel 

Ratatouille seems like the one a sequel might be most feasible for, the original had the most relatively low-stakes easygoing vibe to it and the IP has a pretty significant park presence now. It's also likely not as much of a personal baby to the director the way Incredibles or Wall-E are. Brad Bird wouldn't absolutely HAVE to be involved in that.

I don't see an Up sequel happening now that Asner has passed, and I'm sure Docter has no intention of letting that be greenlit under his watch. As long as the Nemoverse is still profitable I also don't imagine anyone will pressure Stanton or Pixar to make a Wall-E sequel.

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Should not… I’d hold off on will not until we see how desperate Disney will get if fortunes don’t turn at the box office… 

I3 is a necessity though for the sheer fact that there were a million interesting ways to go with sequels and they chose to completely rehash the first movie, literally the worst and most pointless option they could’ve taken. We deserve a real incredibles sequel 

I3 with the kids aged up could be an interesting hook. 

• Like 1

Wall-E in 2024 probably would’ve caused a decent amount of the American public to internally combust in outrage lol, so yeah maybe they will leave that one alone. Plenty of people do love Wall-E though and he is way up there in “cute” marketability factor among all their characters. I wouldn’t be shocked with a green lit sequel that plays up that aspect and ignores all of the mature and interesting themes of the first (ugh). 

It's just why force a sequel to that when you've got the clearly much more bankable colorful fish right there? Wall-E's "purity" as it is is helped in part by the fact that there are much bigger cows they can milk, and I think that goes for any other "lesser" IP as well.

Is Incredibles 2 really that hated? Like it reviewed well, made a lot of money, legs were solid. It was huge on Netflix back in 2019, I'm sure it does great on Disney+. It's fair to maybe argue that a potential Incredibles 3 could fall from the last movie, but that's just more on how high the last movie grossed/shrunk box office market than anybody thinking it was some awful film or something like that. And I see zero reason why Incredibles 3 couldn't do around what Finding Dory did, which would still be incredible business.

• Like 4

I do think Incredibles 3 is happening somewhere down the line, with or without Bird. I just really would rather they truly believe they have a good story for it before doing so, however long that takes.

I'll confess as much as I do think the story has been told and it doesn't "need" a sequel, I'd be bummed if nothing else Wall-E ever came out. Even if it's just something like the Dug Days shorts on D+, I'd like to see more of the characters. Only narrative material that's come out about it since its release was a Christmas short story in a book, and it has very little park presence outside the Pixar Pier at DCA. I do only want it with Andrew Stanton's blessing though.

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, AniNate said:

I do think Incredibles 3 is happening somewhere down the line, with or without Bird.

I actually don't think this. Yes, they have the legal right to make it without Brad Bird, but they won't. imo

Incredibles 3 will be huge for sure. I thought the 2nd one was great. I dont agree with it being a rehash. I think they can do a sequel with older kids and Jack Jack playing a more central role :-)

Ratatouille is still my favorite Pixar flick of all time but not sure how a sequel can happen. It was a complete story. They could exploit that character in a D+ flick but I hope they dont do that. 

Wall-E also seemed self contained to me. 

Up sequel is possible but I would rather not. 

Another movie with fishes or umpteen toy stories are always on the table. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Eric Argylle said:

Is Incredibles 2 really that hated? Like it reviewed well, made a lot of money, legs were solid. It was huge on Netflix back in 2019, I'm sure it does great on Disney+. It's fair to maybe argue that a potential Incredibles 3 could fall from the last movie, but that's just more on how high the last movie grossed/shrunk box office market than anybody thinking it was some awful film or something like that. And I see zero reason why Incredibles 3 couldn't do around what Finding Dory did, which would still be incredible business.

Hated? Nah, it’s waaaaay too safe and rooted in nostalgia for the GA to hate it. I don’t even say I “hate it”, but holy shit was it lazy. Exacerbated by the fact that Bird went on and on for years about how it would only happen when the “idea was there” only to make the most blatant cash grab after all that time. He should just kept fending off the Disney calls until really ready, it had already been so long as it was. 

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

Hated? Nah, it’s waaaaay too safe and rooted in nostalgia for the GA to hate it. I don’t even say I “hate it”, but holy shit was it lazy. Exacerbated by the fact that Bird went on and on for years about how it would only happen when the “idea was there” only to make the most blatant cash grab after all that time. He should just kept fending off the Disney calls until really ready, it had already been so long as it was. 

It's amazing how the idea just happened to be ready immediately after Tomorrowland bombed.