YM!

Inside Out 2 | June 14, 2024 | Kelsey Mann directs. Mindy Kaling will not return

I2 was a good enough sequel . I3 can still work.

But we probably getting more sequels than originals due to the current state of Disney . Sigh.

Finding Hank. LMAO , That franchise had run its course by second one. but it made a tone of money so.

TS5 . 4 was solid entry but rather an uneccessary one IMO.  For the love God it's your holy grail . Let it rest. Wouldn't want this to fail but let it drop like " Dead men tell no tales style  to sub 800m . Company would work away with profit but wouldn't think about touching another one.

Wall E  2 . No 

Ratatouille 2 and Up 2 . Can happen and can see where they would go but would rather they don't touch them.

On 2/1/2024 at 8:08 PM, Liiviig 1998 said:

I2 was a good enough sequel . I3 can still work.

But we probably getting more sequels than originals due to the current state of Disney . Sigh.

Finding Hank. LMAO , That franchise had run its course by second one. but it made a tone of money so.

TS5 . 4 was solid entry but rather an uneccessary one IMO.  For the love God it's your holy grail . Let it rest. Wouldn't want this to fail but let it drop like " Dead men tell no tales style  to sub 800m . Company would work away with profit but wouldn't think about touching another one.

Wall E  2 . No 

Ratatouille 2 and Up 2 . Can happen and can see where they would go but would rather they don't touch them.

Not a good comparasion since Up2 was much more sucessful then Ratatouille, but Pixar will be getting desperate for sequels.

But Picar lost it's "Rolls Royce" image for everything being of quality a long time ago.

On 2/1/2024 at 2:33 PM, AniNate said:

Ratatouille seems like the one a sequel might be most feasible for, the original had the most relatively low-stakes easygoing vibe to it and the IP has a pretty significant park presence now. It's also likely not as much of a personal baby to the director the way Incredibles or Wall-E are. Brad Bird wouldn't absolutely HAVE to be involved in that.

I don't see an Up sequel happening now that Asner has passed, and I'm sure Docter has no intention of letting that be greenlit under his watch. As long as the Nemoverse is still profitable I also don't imagine anyone will pressure Stanton or Pixar to make a Wall-E sequel.

Problem is that Ratatouille underperformed when it came out . And, yes, I know about the Disnelyland Paris ride based on it, but I am skeptical about a sequel.

Up  was much more sucessful, but agree a sequel would have problems with the death of Asner.

Wall_E was another Pixar film which though it did fairly well at the box office, was not the huge hit Pixar was exepcting.

This is one of my favorite YouTube channels, and they already had an amazing initial video on the first movie. But they put out a new one with the filmmakers in charge of the first movie, that I thought some would find enlightening.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, cannastop said:

Interesting how? Like the movie would be delayed?

More on the fact that if ever a perfect time for a trailer now would be it,but…..not relevant anymore 🙂