Eric Lasagna

THE OFFICIAL BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER WEEKEND THREAD | 181M OW

The Mummy (2017) lost $95m according to Deadline, now BA should not be as bad cause it made more domestically and didn't need any gross from china to end up at 400m or whereever it ends up but its definitely not turning a profit

Edited by GOGODanca

12 minutes ago, Legion By Night said:

Needing 500M to breakeven means that it needs 500M of box office to breakeven. That is after ancillaries. If something is below the breakeven point, that means failing to breakeven after ancillaries. It comes from the 2.5x rule of thumb which includes prod costs, marketing cost, other costs vs theatrical rev+ancillaries. 

I don’t personally use that assumption style method, as we know different types of film perform differently in the home market, there’s context, etc. 

I’ve seen people say that films need 3 x their budget in cinemas alone to break even and, if they really did, we’d have hardly any films. 

10 minutes ago, K'uk'ulkan XXR said:

What is one Portugal worth these days, like an Illinois? 

Nothing. It is worth nothing and I am aware. Literally just sharing a curiosity which is in the DHD weekend article.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Yeah that's pure bullshit.

In the article it also says EntTelligence shows that the average ticket price for Wakanda Forever was $13.71 across the board for the U.S. but the math doesn't work for that 

13 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

you guys call yourselves world champions in sports that you only play

Where's the lie?

Btw our sports make so much $$$ we don't need anyone else.

Thirdly you just...completely contradicted your claim that America doesn't have any culture but cheeseburgers.

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Yeah that's pure bullshit.

I can't believe how can they be so off when they are getting paid for the service and can easily source data from main chains.

E.g. ATP in Harkins is just ~$10.5 for weekend. 

For bigger chain AMC it is around ~$14 for FRI, weekend be around that as well. Cinemark would be around $12.

Nationwide is likely around $12-12.5ATP.

• Like 1