Eric Duncan

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER SPOILERS THREAD ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***DID WE MENTION SPOILERS?????***

Can someone point out to me where the movie explained why does Eywa activate animals in swarm mode against humans only in the mountains? Why doesn't it happen in other parts of the rainforest? (the train through the forest)

why doesn't it happen anywhere over water? (whalehunters)

Just what needs to happen to trigger swarm mode? Is it a specific number of humans? their concentration needs to be high enough? They need to destroy enough life (plants) in a given period of time? I missed those details in the movie, if they were ever explained.

I sort of get how humans circumvented the swarm when they came down to Pandora for the second time - that even eywa's swarms were futile against such firewalls clearing acres and acres of flora and fauna. Perhaps that was a missed oportunity, for the film to explain that eywa's reactions grew milder over time, both due to passage of time (15 years after the events of the first movie) and due to too great losses when eywa tried to fight the humans. So now eywa sends the swarms only sporadically. I wish something like that was explicitly said. Though that too would not have explained why humans simply did not level the whole floating mountains area with ship's engines or nukes or something like that.

for all the talk about crying and emotional scenes, the one scene that almost got my crying had I not made a tremendous effort to contain it, was when Tuk said "Sully's stick together" as she and some others were about to get on the sinking boat

none of the other "emotional" scenes affected me all that much

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

slightly dissapointed that the movie did not go that deep underwater to take advantage of cameron's deep sea diving experience, will that be more of an avatar 4 kinda thing?