Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Avatar 95.6m, PiB 20.05m, Babylon 4.85m 4 days

27 minutes ago, Mr Roark said:

I don’t know after he rated the film 2/10 I feel he’s just trolling around.

He didn’t like the film but has access to the numbers so he’ll still report them as they’re available 

1 minute ago, M37 said:

Christmas might be the first WOW day, but the opening Sat & Sun were also impressive as compared to Thur/Fri IMO

All of these good daily results (including Tue) indicate Avatwo is playing more casual/GA friendly then a typical tentpole, and does suggest solid legs overall, maybe over 4x OW (2.7x OWeek) when all is said and done … but that’s still basically matching RO, just more backloaded 

It's going over 4.28x OW. Your club I dead. I never doubted it for a second.

Youtube GIF by Shane Dawson

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, DAR said:

He didn’t like the film but has access to the numbers so he’ll still report them as they’re available 

Hey brother Dar, any idea why mojo hasn't updated yet, but got Monday eats of 26+mil and their Sunday is 21

M

Awesome that Charlie gets nums so fast.

3 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Don't worry man, mojo will bug and give jw a 500M colombia gross or something again so you can claim victory for your club

My club is destined to succeed because the fate of movie quality as a whole depends on it!

14 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Cant believe i may actually of been LOWBALLING with my 25-30mil Christmas weekday average!.

Also nice to see a lot of you eat some humble pie after the cringy reactions to the OW and storm ravaged opening weekdays.

4 hours ago, Legion in Boots said:

This thread has big Tuesday energy right now imo. Let’s see where we are in 24 hours.

• Like 4

People been saying theaters did not get movies but they did (so that's not true) and flopped you people mean studios now have to put ~200 million blockbusters monthly and/or bi weekly. Because the baseline of the size of projects people consider theater worthy gets higher and higher. 

Edited by StreamBO

55 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Streaming didn’t do shit. It was the studios that killed theatres by making “events” out of mediocre films. Sob now that streaming has films like Glass Onion that is better than anything that plays on a theatre (Avatar aside which is a movie that you have to see on a big screen regardless of story etc.) then attendance will obviously have a free fall. Also the weather was a bitch.

The problem comes down to the fact that the best working directors in Hollywood don't want to make IP based films. But it's not enough for Hollywood to back down from IP. So they hire puppet filmmakers with no sense of the WOW factor that we see with Cameron or Nolan's films for example. So audiences see no difference between streaming and theater.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Hey brother Dar, any idea why mojo hasn't updated yet, but got Monday eats of 26+mil and their Sunday is 21

M

Awesome that Charlie gets nums so fast.

Not certain I don’t really visit Mojo a lot these days 

4 minutes ago, XXR Krampus Claus said:

Legs are looking good overall but the numbers in and of themselves haven't changed that much. My overall estimate is only about 5-6% higher than it was a week ago. We're still looking at a mid/upper $500M DOM run, $1.23-1.33B OS-C and $140-175M from China. 

So 1.8 billion locked ?

4 hours ago, Legion in Boots said:

This thread has big Tuesday energy right now imo. Let’s see where we are in 24 hours.

Honestly, let’s see where we are with Wednesday dailies. The next couple of days (including Sun) are prime for over interpretation/extrapolation 

• Like 1