Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Avatar 95.6m, PiB 20.05m, Babylon 4.85m 4 days

Just now, Sheldon Cr said:

Look at the news Japan and India had freaking earthquakes. No matter what A2 crazily put butts in seats. Wow. Pandorians are dedicated my brother.👍

Take it as a compliment. A2 must be doing something right as the admission talk, and 'which franchise is bigger' talk has started lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

These fan wars have become so boring.

Let's just ignore as we know Avatar franchise is king per pound. Now overall it's the marvel franchise with 20 plus movies and counting. Striking morbius from the list tho

captain america wood GIF

5 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

And take AVATAR's gross with todays ticket prices and it would be 4bil+ etc.

And so on and so on.

Thats why ignoring stuff like the pandemic, ER, and China's gross is well trolling really imo when talking about A2's gross.

It's not though.  Every movie's gross is a product of the environment they were released in.  You wouldn't put an asterisk next to Avatar because it had very friendly exchange rates boosting it's gross would you?

Edited by Deep Wang
clunky wording
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cap said:

yeah. I saw that. And I’m sure that I could go on a very long rant about how that’s a really garbage take.

Unfortunately, and I know right this is a terrible thing, but people are allowed to have wrong opinions. 😱 Facts are facts, but opinions. They can have all the wrong opinions they want!!!!

also, this is been going on for like 10 pages, don’t you feel like we should go onto another topic?

like how my aunt and my mother both don’t care that I have a cough, and are insisting that I suffer  Through Avatar today. 😤

Time to put thermometer in hot water/milk then show it to aunt/mom. 😜😅

• Astonished 2

Just now, Brainbug said:

So what is everyones Number 1 most anticipated movie of next year? Mine is actually not 65, but Indy 5 since i have the feeling (and pure hope) that it will be a banger.

1. GOTG3 = GOTG is my favorite MCU films and it’s supposedly the end of this particular group (and definitely Gunn’s last film in the MCU).

2. Across the Spider-Verse = Sequel to a great first film. Looks bigger/more epic. Hopefully it retains the heart of the first.

3. Mission Impossible: DRP1 = Tom Cruise is on a role and Fallout was a great film.

4. Oppenheimer = Nolan. Need I say more.

5. Ant-Man: Quantumania = Kang is coming and he’s of “Major” importance to the Avengers. Plus the director has said it’s a much bigger film than the previous entries.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

It's not though.  Every movie's gross is a product of the environment they were released in.  You wouldn't put an asterisk next to Avatar because it had very friendly exchange rates boosting it's gross would you?

Deep Wang why did you do this post to me and not XXR?, i mean he said the Endgame with AVATAR's ER first.

5 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Look at the news Japan and India had freaking earthquakes. No matter what A2 crazily put butts in seats. Wow. Pandorians are dedicated my brother.👍

This is not true and before you share that link of India Today I would suggest to check the date. It's March 2022 so it was long back when earthquake happened. 

• Like 1

On 12/25/2022 at 9:01 AM, M37 said:

Through 9 days of release, Avatwo's total is more than $28M behind Rogue One ($18M of that from opening Thur/Fri), having had only one single day that finished higher (Tue +4%)

While I think you can very reasonably assert that Avatwo will have a better January an onward than RO's relatively weak $107M, continuing to shallow RO's December dailies by ~5% would leave it ~$37M behind by New Years, at around ~$388M

From the holiday week, Xmas through NY (12/25-1/01), RO brought in ~$165M, including $28.9M on Xmas and $32.1M on Boxing Day. Very curious to see how Avatwo preforms vs those benchmarks. Looking at ticket sales for today in a few markets, and expecting a nice Xmas Day bump, though with PLFs mostly sold, not sure how much walk-up business will be left vs rolling forward to tomorrow and later in the week

After 11 days, the delta is now down to ~$24M (pending actuals). Rogue One finished Jan 1 (day 17) at $425M

If, from Tue through Jan 1 ...

Avatwo runs +5% better than RO, gap reduces to ~$19M ($406M A2 total)

A +10% better run would shrink it to ~$14M ($411M)

Even if its reasonable to expect a MUCH better new year than RO's pretty weak $107M post-Jan 1, those prognostications of high $500M/$600M plus seem a wee bit optimistic/premature to me

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, XXR Eywa Has Heard You! said:

so let’s cool down this particular branch of conversation, shall we? :) 

so if we’re really insistent that we want to talk about The Avengers, despite this mean, the Avatar weekend thread,

I found a new Story Challenge in the Sims 4. They tend to be multi generational (aka you okay with aging on) and they encourage you to use different parts of the game you might not normally use.

This one is about Disney Princesses.

I’m gonna tweak some things. (Ex: It clearly was created before werewolves were introduced into the game, so we’re gonna use that for Belle’s generation instead of what they have.)

I’m just tired, and I’m going to use The Avengers as the significant others (Sims 4 basically lets you get anyone, regardless of gender, pregnant, so that opens many opportunities.)

But I think I’m gonna start off with Tony as knows other/deadbeat dad like the type of guy that would have seven kids not realize your seven kids. That’s what you get when you’re a rich, drunk asshole in your twenties. 

I just need to figure out who everyone else is gonna get paired up with.

3 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I have the feeling THE SUPER MARIO BROS MOVIE will win next year worldwide.

I think it's repeat of detective Pikachu. Also animation is currently going through a phase so I hope it does well

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Also in Franchise Wars

No point taking MCU as a whole.

One MCU movie can do 1.9 billion, other MCU movie can top out at 400 million.

Better to take franchises within MCU and comparing. 

4 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Deep Wang why did you do this post to me and not XXR?, i mean he said the Endgame with AVATAR's ER first.

7 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

14 minutes ago, XXR Eywa Has Heard You! said:

Moderation

We’re starting to get a little too far down the Fanboy Wars rabbit hole and I’m not looking to police that until someone slips up so let’s cool down this particular branch of conversation, shall we? :) 

Last chance.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Because you said this:

9 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Thats why ignoring stuff like the pandemic, ER, and China's gross is well trolling really imo when talking about A2's gross.

I was posting this at the same time as your post @XXR Eywa Has Heard You!!

Edited by Deep Wang

2 minutes ago, Cap said:

so if we’re really insistent that we want to talk about The Avengers, despite this mean, the Avatar weekend thread,

I found a new Story Challenge in the Sims 4. They tend to be multi generational (aka you okay with aging on) and they encourage you to use different parts of the game you might not normally use.

This one is about Disney Princesses.

I’m gonna tweak some things. (Ex: It clearly was created before werewolves were introduced into the game, so we’re gonna use that for Belle’s generation instead of what they have.)

I’m just tired, and I’m going to use The Avengers as the significant others (Sims 4 basically lets you get anyone, regardless of gender, pregnant, so that opens many opportunities.)

But I think I’m gonna start off with Tony as knows other/deadbeat dad like the type of guy that would have seven kids not realize your seven kids. That’s what you get when you’re a rich, drunk asshole in your twenties. 

I just need to figure out who everyone else is gonna get paired up with.

Steve is getting paired with Peggy