charlie Jatinder

Christmas-New Year Weekdays Thread || Avatar $20.1M THU - Top 10 DOM or Bust!

46 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

I feel there is a massive desire by audiences for non superhero blockbusters

That is why Jurassic Dominion still did a billion even though it was such trash.

That is why Top Gun Maverick became an all time hit.

and why avatar will cruise to 2 billion. 

On second thought are thor and dr strange movies supposed to cross 1 billion without China?

7 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

just watched m3gan and it was funny bad

30% rotten tomatoes incoming

Ouch my wife not going to be happy to hear that. Hopefully we still like it.

Did you like the quiet place. How do you rate quiet place scifi horror vs Megan brother andre3?

matt damon crying GIF

11 hours ago, Legion in Boots said:

Thursday starts off a bit soft, let’s see how the walkups go. 17.5-19.2?

9 hours ago, Legion in Boots said:

Guys it’s early in the day. No numerical updates from my prior post until at least 5

Reveal hidden contents

Well, day is mostly over now. Let’s knock it down to 17.5-18.2.  

Not great, not terrible, as they say

• Like 1

Just now, grey ghost said:

On second thought are thor and dr strange movies supposed to cross 1 billion without China?

Doctor Strange 100% would have. It felt underwhelming without China but when you break it down the movie performed about as well as expected. With China you're looking at minimum $1.1B worldwide which seems way more "right".

As opposed to something like Love and Thunder which genuinely disappointed regardless of China.

2 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Ouch my wife not going to be happy to hear that. Hopefully we still like it.

Did you like the quiet place. How do you rate quiet place scifi horror vs Megan brother andre3?

matt damon crying GIF

a quiet place is pretty great 

m3gan has horrible acting a kinda boring first 30 minutes i got more scared watching avatar 2 in 4dx when the water splash came in than in that movie

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, AnDr3s said:

a quiet place is pretty great 

m3gan has horrible acting a kinda boring first 30 minutes i got more scared watching avatar 2 in 4dx when the water splash came in than in that movie

Man that's so disappointing. I mean u didn't expect it to be a high quality film - these kinds of horror movies never are - but I was hoping it would be more of a crowd pleasing experience that lends itself well to big box office. "Boring first 30 minutes" doesn't inspire much confidence in that regard.

18 minutes ago, Verrows said:

Man that's so disappointing. I mean u didn't expect it to be a high quality film - these kinds of horror movies never are - but I was hoping it would be more of a crowd pleasing experience that lends itself well to big box office. "Boring first 30 minutes" doesn't inspire much confidence in that regard.

it gets really funny after those 30 minutes but those first minutes are dreadful

• Thanks 1

Christmas really is a magical time. I just realized that since 2012 (not counting the covid year 2020) there have been only 2 years in which the big marquee December movie didn't reach $1B worldwide, and it has happened EVERY year since 2015. The only years when it didn't happen were 2013 and 2014 and even then the two Hobbit sequels both came very close with over $950M.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey 

($1.02B)

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

($962.2M)

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies 

($959M)

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens 

($2.07B)

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story 

($1.06B)

Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi 

($1.33B)

Aquaman 

($1.15B)

Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

($1.07B)

Covid year 

Spider-Man: No Way Home 

($1.92B - and would have passed Titanic if it releases in China with $2.2B+)

(Undetermined total but we know it's more than $1B 🤣 )

The streak is at risk in 2023 though. Unfortunately Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom is not going to have the same magic at the first, what with the DC shakeup and all. And even without that, there's the fact China was a big part of Aquaman grossing what it did. If the next one doesn't get a China release then there's no shot in hell.

Edited by Verrows
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Alex SciChannel said:

It's not about gore. It's about tone. 

Opm is a seinen anime geared toward young adults and no one dies in that show. It's very tame graphic wise. AOT is aimed at teens and people die there all the time.

Of course it's not 1 to 1 but its the point I'm making.

Whatttttt? Saitama literally kills monsters by slapping. Sea beast king (head gets blown), mosquito woman (all organs splattered on wall), that car dude, lastly boros (no hands n no legs). Although I agree that depiction of gore is tame but there are lot of kills almost every episode 

Edited by Nero
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Verrows said:

Yeah from what brother Andres is saying Verros it could be over for Megan DOA. Yikes!!

Wanted a cool sci-fi horror that wowed like child's play. Uh oh🤕

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Torontofan said:

I feel there is a massive desire by audiences for non superhero blockbusters

That is why Jurassic Dominion still did a billion even though it was such trash.

That is why Top Gun Maverick became an all time hit.

and why avatar will cruise to 2 billion. 

Dominion had China

7 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Yeah from what brother Andres is saying Verros it could be over for Megan DOA. Yikes!!

Wanted a cool sci-fi horror that wowed like child's play. Uh oh🤕

i mean it's my opinion the other 2 people on screening seemed to like it

49 minutes ago, Nero said:

Whatttttt? Saitama literally kills monsters by slapping. Sea beast king (head gets blown), mosquito woman (all organs splattered on wall), that car dude, lastly boros (no hands n no legs). Although I agree that depiction of gore is tame but there are lot of kills almost every episode 

Notice how not a single human dies jn the entire series tho.

It's all cartoonish gore from fictional monsters. Usually when age rating systems prioritize graphicness of gore, human gore is considered more graphic than creature gore. 

Take Godzilla vs Kong for example where a skullcrawler gets bisected vertically in a splurge of green blood. Also Kong beheads and eats the neck arteries of a warbat. In Kong Skull Island, a skullcrawler's stomach and intestines literally get ripped out through its tongue.

If this same stuff happened to people on screen these media would be rated r.

Edited by Alex SciChannel

1 minute ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Only MoM will be ahead of Dominion without China.

And let's not forget Dominion is by far the worst reviewed blockbuster in not just 2022 but in past few years.

That's why it did ONLY 1 Billion.

I mean even MoM , Thor also had mixed reviews. Otherwise MoM would have crossed 1B without China and Thor would have been more than Ragnarok without China