charlie Jatinder

Christmas-New Year Weekdays Thread || Avatar $20.1M THU - Top 10 DOM or Bust!

36 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I think Avatar 3 will be kind of The Last Jedi to Avatar 2 (TFA) in a box office sense ofc. The novelty of beeing the sequel to Avatar is now gone and Avatar 3 will be "just the next journey to Pandora", which means ofc still HUGE numbers, but anything other than a decline from Avatar 2 would shock me.

You also have to wonder how many people were impressed with the return. Are they excited for A3? I took my aunt this week. She found it boring, and said that she just watch the next one on Disney+. 

Like you said, it’s been 13 years. And none of the other December programming - sans Puss in Boots — seem to be taking off. So obviously, if folks want to get out of the house and go to the movies this week, A2 is the clear choice. Let’s go check it out!!

What’s going to happen when they have Sonic and Wicked as counter programming? I could see either of those exploding or flopping, but I wouldn’t count neither of them out.

Also, what’s gonna happen next week, when everyone goes back to school or back to work. Now people need to figure out how they’re gonna set a three hour movie into their schedule.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cap said:

Are they excited for A3?

Like you said, it’s been 13 years. And none of the other December programming - sans Puss in Boots — seem to be taking off. So obviously, if folks want to get out of the house and go to the movies this week, A2 is the clear choice. Let’s go check it out!!

1. Yes we are.

2. Avatar 3 will be the clear choice in December 2024 as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Cap said:

You also have to wonder how many people were impressed with the return. Are they excited for A3? I took my aunt this week. She found it boring, and said that she just watch the next one on Disney+. 

What’s going to happen when they have Sonic and Wicked as counter programming? I could see either of those exploding or flopping, but I wouldn’t count neither of them out.

Also, what’s gonna happen next week, when everyone goes back to school or back to work. Now people need to figure out how they’re gonna set a three hour movie into their schedule.

So A3 is going to do bad because your aunt didnt like A2

And A2 is only doing so well because everything else is shit at the moment.

Come on Cap lol, you're an admin.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

Yes you are the best admin

7c63283168b819a38876f8a3bc6e8428.gif

16 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

I love you too @ZeeSoh but an @XXR M37's Club Is Dead post has made me laugh my head off every day this week

icegif-172.gif

FINE!!!! We are no longer allies in Survivor. You have a target on your back!!&€$£

13 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

oh great it's a GIF episode, i'm changing channel

6eca5fe9b552c79503d239964426d987.gif

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

I’m just saying that even if you look at the spoiler reaction on this website, there’s definitely people who haven’t written glowing reviews of it. And there’s been a common criticism of the first two hours were boring and third hour was amazing. There’s nothing controversial in that.

I’ve seen a bunch of people complain about the frame rate issue.

all I’m saying is that we don’t know what the next ones gonna bring, in terms of if people are going to show back up again. Or if they’re gonna show up the same way.

and again, it’s not gonna have the open field that it does has this time!

I’m not saying it’s gonna like flop. I’m just saying like let’s keep our expectations in check, because we don’t know how things are going to settle. 💁‍♂️

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Cap provided anecdotal evidence... You then attack her for providing said evidence... I'm starting to see a pattern here

PIB2 is still doing well and has better reviews then A2

• ...wtf 1

6 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

2 the sonic fandom is much more rabid then avatar fans. They'll marathon that movie for a week

They weren't even rabid enough to beat out Genshin Impact at the Game Awards.

• Haha 1