charlie Jatinder

Weekdays (03-05 Jan, 2023) Thread. | Talk about the New York Giants in here!

I know this is a different type of movie different release date and so on but having said that I remember back in the summer of 2008 when Crystal skull was out and later in its run it started having pretty insane Saturday jumps which signified that it was playing as a family film. I think Avatar kind of behaved the same way and I don't see why the sequel won't as well. Maybe it's not going to jump 100% on Friday but I don't see why it won't jump something like 90%. It's a huge commitment to see the film during the week when you have to work the next day. You're basically committing about 4 hours of your night to go see it. So I don't think it's unrealistic to think they can jump 90-100% on Friday 45-50% on Saturday and then have a normal Sunday decline.

A 46 million weekend would be right around 30% drop, probably a little bit higher. So I don't think that's overly unrealistic.

11 minutes ago, YM! said:

I mean it’s still a great hold, and can still likely aim for a 11-13M third weekend.

It's not the hold I am mad about. It's the fact that it was so close to 2 million and didn't reach it. 

I have a form of arithmophobia where I get anxiety from unrounded numbers (I am dead serious btw, it correlates with my OCD)

Edited by Alex SciChannel
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, baumer said:

I know this is a different type of movie different release date and so on but having said that I remember back in the summer of 2008 when Crystal skull was out and later in its run it started having pretty insane Saturday jumps which signified that it was playing as a family film. I think Avatar kind of behaved the same way and I don't see why the sequel won't as well. Maybe it's not going to jump 100% on Friday but I don't see why it won't jump something like 90%. It's a huge commitment to see the film during the week when you have to work the next day. You're basically committing about 4 hours of your night to go see it. So I don't think it's unrealistic to think they can jump 90-100% on Friday 45-50% on Saturday and then have a normal Sunday decline.

A 46 million weekend would be right around 30% drop, probably a little bit higher. So I don't think that's overly unrealistic.

Yes, completely agree.

Sub 40 is just not happening

30 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

I have a form of arithmophobia where I get anxiety from unrounded numbers (I am dead serious btw, it correlates with my OCD)

Just letting you know @XXR the Conqueror, in case you need to mercy ban me temporarily if I get too hysterical. (Half joking here)

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, baumer said:

Maybe it'll do something unusual but the calendar setup is pretty limiting for a major jump today. I'd root for +70% but expect +50-60%. 

17 minutes ago, Bruce said:

13m—Wow Holy shit!!!

12m—Great work!!

11m—ok acceptable

10m—just so so

<10m—dead👼

2 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

Yes, completely agree.

Sub 40 is just not happening

Considering Season 3 GIF by Portlandia

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 3

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Just unban him when the new Jurassic World movie is coming out, i need more comrades on here

Based and dinopilled. My paleontology major is at your service. 

Dont expect me to root for three new 65 movie tho. It looks like ass.

Just now, Alex SciChannel said:

Based and dinopilled. My paleontology major is ar your service. 

Dont expect me to root for three new 65 movie tho. It looks like ass.

I refuse to not be at least a little bit excited for it, but yeah the trailer is not that great. But there have been made bad/mediocre trailers to great movies in the past, so you never know!

I can already feel a lot of people inhere rooting for a disappointing weekend just to witness the meltdown and/or justify their doom n glooming initial predictions, after such an amazing two-weeks.

Edited by Mr Roark
  • Like 2

Just now, Brainbug said:

I refuse to not be at least a little bit excited for it, but yeah the trailer is not that great. But there have been made bad/mediocre trailers to great movies in the past, so you never know!

As someone who's been obsessed with dinos my whole life and getting a degree in studying them, I refuse to support any media that doesn't at least respect them as real animals. 65 from what I see the dinos are nothing but generic movie monsters with designs so bland and ugly you'd think they'd got them from a 3D render stock image catalogue.

Dinosaurs in reality are beautiful creatures that extend beyond our perceptions of a monster. It just harms their image in the public eye if they're at least not respected. Not asking for pinpoint scientific accuracy but just some figment of reverence beyond the movie monsters tropes.

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

17 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

Maybe it'll do something unusual but the calendar setup is pretty limiting for a major jump today. I'd root for +70% but expect +50-60%. 

Considering Season 3 GIF by Portlandia

Sub 40 is not happening

I'll wait for actuals on this one 😉

8 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

As someone who's been obsessed with dinos my whole life and getting a degree in studying them, I refuse to support any media that doesn't at least respect them as real animals. 65 from what I see the dinos are nothing but generic movie monsters with designs so bland and ugly you'd think they'd got them from a 3D render stock image catalogue.

Dinosaurs in reality are beautiful creatures that extend beyond our perceptions of a monster. It just harms their image in the public eye if they're at least not respected. Not asking for pinpoint scientific accuracy but just some figment of reverence beyond the movie monsters tropes.

Oh wow. Good for you for getting that degree. I am a sucker for dinosaurs and all prehistoric life. We are nothing to them, to be honest. They were around for 170M+ years.

12 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

That reasoning i can 100% get behind.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dragoncaine said:

Solid Thursday previews for M3gan, though once again a bit under estimates. Curious to see where actuals for both land.

If M3gan hits high 20s and A2 hits $40m, this is a very good start to the year.

Agreed. Though I would love A2 to get into the mid 40s or higher. Heh. 

6 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Oh wow. Good for you for getting that degree. I am a sucker for dinosaurs and all prehistoric life. We are nothing to them, to be honest. They were around for 170M+ years.

"Getting" as in still happening. Still in college. But thanks I appreciate it

• Like 1