CJohn

M3GAN W33K3ND THR3AD | ACTUALS - DADDY CAM3RON'S MAGNUM OPUS 45.8M | DOCUM3NTARY ABOUT KILL3R DOLL 30.4M | ORANG3 PANTH3R 13.5M

2 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Remember how Avatar came out in the middle of a global recession back in 09? That really hurt it if I remember right. 

You're completely missing my point here! You said the averages between 2022 and 2019 were the same. I said, that inflation was super high, which means the 2022 values are inflated. Pointing to cinemas not being at full strength

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

WTF?, i predicted around 100mil for the international weekend.

132mil is crazy.

I didn't even believe in $100M because the holidays are done. I wonder which markets are holding very well. France and Germany come to mind first.

Edited by kayumanggi

Just now, LinksterAC said:

I have a hard time seeing China account for ~100M admissions from where I’m sitting. Can you get me there?

Yes, it will gross 220M and about ~30M admissions 

When the presales started, it was pointing to 700M total at the high end, before everything collapses. 

So it would be over 90M admissions there, add Russia which is also lost due the war, there it is ~100M admissions, plus the 220-230M it will made outside of that. 

Honestly, the way things are, complaining about a movie selling "just" 260M tickets is insane, especially comparing with a completely different franchise like MCU at it's peak. And Covid is still an excuse, because it would sell ~320M tickets if it wasn't for Covid.

• Like 1

Just now, IronJimbo said:

You're completely missing my point here! You said the averages between 2022 and 2019 were the same. I said, that inflation was super high, which means the 2022 values are inflated. Pointing to cinemas not being at full strength

There's plenty of evidence to the contrary. Every period of box office history has advantages and disadvantages, there's nothing inherently holding things back now besides fewer movies coming out. 

I was nice to you when things weren't going your way last month, please don't make me regret that Jimbo. 

7 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Charlie, the purple user who thinks Endgame was more impressive than Avatar (2009). Very strange honestly.

Both Avatar runs will end up as more impressive than any Marvel film.

Even more impressive is that it's from the mind of one person and a blank page.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Godzilla said:

It's gonna surpass Titanic. 

That was my global O/U line before its run started. Fun to see the over looking very likely.

My O/U domestically was TGM…and that’s looking more like an over with each passing day.

Great run. Really impressive for a direct sequel to a 13 year old movie.

• Like 2

Just now, LinksterAC said:

Who else thinks there’s a great chance A2’s Sunday hold is really strong and we’re looking at something like 11.7, 20.5, 16 & 48M after actuals?

With sports games tn, I feel like the best we can hope for is $15m but let's see! As always, I assume actuals will be at least a bit higher

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SchumacherFTW said:

There's plenty of evidence to the contrary. Every period of box office history has advantages and disadvantages, there's nothing inherently holding things back now besides fewer movies coming out. 

I was nice to you when things weren't going your way last month, please don't make me regret that Jimbo. 

I'm not really following, you're upset that I'm saying cinema isn't back to pre-covid strength? it isn't though. Could it be you're thinking only domestic? Perhaps it's that.