CJohn

M3GAN W33K3ND THR3AD | ACTUALS - DADDY CAM3RON'S MAGNUM OPUS 45.8M | DOCUM3NTARY ABOUT KILL3R DOLL 30.4M | ORANG3 PANTH3R 13.5M

53 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

Single market, definitely. 

Demon Slayer sold 29 M admissions in a country with 120 M people  (over 25 % population)
Bienvenue dans les cht´s sold 20 M admissions in France, a country with 56 million people in that moment.
Avatar sold 9 M admissions in Australia, a country of 25 M , i think these are  the most impressive runs of a single market in 21 st century (more than 1/3 of its population)

Absolutely incredible number for Avatar following its Friday #. Won’t be surprised if actuals come in higher either.

Last week I was assuming 650-700. Right now, 700+ and domestic crown seems completely plausible. Insane recovery after its

underwhelming opening week.

15 minutes ago, setna said:

Demon Slayer sold 29 M admissions in a country with 120 M people  (over 25 % population)
Bienvenue dans les cht´s sold 20 M admissions in France, a country with 56 million people in that moment.
Avatar sold 9 M admissions in Australia, a country of 25 M , i think these are  the most impressive runs of a single market in 21 st century (more than 1/3 of its population)

DS sold 30% more tickets in Japan than the next closest film. I know BDLC is only like 5% ahead of Intouchables and I'm not sure about Avatar in Australia but something tells me it's also only marginally ahead of the next closest. Using population percentage is a bit misleading as some markets are more theatrically inclined than others. 

7 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

DS sold 30% more tickets in Japan than the next closest film. I know BDLC is only like 5% ahead of Intouchables and I'm not sure about Avatar in Australia but something tells me it's also only marginally ahead of the next closest. Using population percentage is a bit misleading as some markets are more theatrically inclined than others. 

Crocodile Dundee did 47M in 1986 in Australia when ticket prices I think were $6 and population was around 16 million. So as far as population for admissions it beats Avatar I think.

Edited by Ronin46
41 was year end, 47 was total run

2 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

Crocodile Dundee did 47M in 1986 in Australia when ticket prices I think were $6 and population was around 16 million. So as far as population for admissions it beats Avatar I think.

Well sure if we go back in time we can find a lot lol. Meant in the 21st century. 

38 minutes ago, setna said:

imo Baahubali2 run in India should definitely be up there...India doesn't have as much movie going culture as most of the Western countries (mainly North India) but what makes Baahubali2 run so amazing is that in the last 25 years, Baahubali2 holds the record for highest footfalls (105M+) in India and it's footfalls are almost double the footfalls of 2nd highest which is just insane. Baahubali2 released in 2017 and I'd note that footfalls generally have been consistently on a downward trend over the time in India since 90's.

Edited by upriser7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

its 3PM pacific. Too early to give precise numbers. All I would say is I would be surprised if it finished anywhere near what is being projected. 

For better or worse? lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I would expect a much better Sunday than what Disney is estimating. A -37,2% drop is way too big imo, considering the trajectory of Avatars drops until now and how well the first movie held on this same weekend (mid 20s drop). I would think 14Mish is way more likely than under 13M.

7 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

its 3PM pacific. Too early to give precise numbers. All I would say is I would be surprised if it finished anywhere near what is being projected. 

how generous of you, taking care of the needs of the doomers and optimists 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I would expect a much better Sunday than what Disney is estimating. A -37,2% drop is way too big imo, considering the trajectory of Avatars drops until now and how well the first movie held on this same weekend (mid 20s drop). I would think 14Mish is way more likely than under 13M.

I would definitely assume Keyser's comment refers to it outperforming projections, but yeah, you can never be too sure with this run haha

9 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

11.4 + 21 +18.6 for a 50mil weekend.

pray tiffany haddish GIF by Girls Trip

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1