keysersoze123

Weekdays Thread (1/9-12)

2 minutes ago, Jiffy said:

Is there precedent for a film grossing this much having a 100% Saturday increase on a 4-day weekend? Idk.

No way home jumped 67% last year. Avatar jumped 66%. Rogue one jumped 77%. So I can't feasibly see a 100% increase, maybe the upper limit is something like 85% but that's only with a big over performance.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

Jumanji jumped 186% on Friday during MLK weekend and another 96% jump on Saturday. 

Jumanji was a big weekend movie in January tbf, it was regularly jumping 200% and more. I think the peak for a Thursday-Friday jump for Avatar is right around 170%, just a tad above 8m

Just seen that Lyle Lyle Crocodile is up to $146.3m. Didn’t realise it had such a delayed international release. Still has Asia to come. Looks like it’ll be headed for over $200m. Double what Clifford did. 

That’s good on a $50m budget. A win for Sony. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Just seen that Lyle Lyle Crocodile is up to $146.3m. Didn’t realise it had such a delayed international release. Still has Asia to come. Looks like it’ll be headed for over $200m. Double what Clifford did. 

That’s good on a $50m budget. A win for Sony. 

Jeez. I forgot that this thing came out at all. 

That’s honestly not bad at all. 

3 hours ago, DaFlexi said:

charlie jatinder be like 

-drop 3 numbers without context that are all closer than estimates

-leaves for the rest of the day

i don't know how he gets his information but thank you Charlie!

He has directish access, hence why his numbers trend closer to the final than the others when looking at 1 chain or so. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/10/2023 at 9:28 AM, M37 said:

Off a ~$3.4 Monday, I've got:

$4.8/$3.6/$3.6 // $7.5/$14/$10.5/$8

For a $32-33M 3-day (9x), ~$40M 4-day (11x+). Really going to have to feast on Sat/Sun (+Tue), but 3 weeks of NFL Playoffs & Super Bowl will likely apply some downward pressure on those days, before Titanic steals PLFs and Quantamania steals its thunder

Having a difficult time seeing an $8M+ Fri and $35M weekend for Avatwo off these weekday numbers (even presuming the actual for Wed is closer to $3.4M).  Still thinking its heading towards lower $30Ms for the weekend, but a fair amount of assumptions baked into that math, as we don't yet have a "normal" week for a baseline, and even this weekend will be holiday impacted a bit on Friday and especially Sun & Mon, into Tue

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1