keysersoze123

Weekdays Thread (1/9-12)

Can't say I was expecting 85% Mon-Mon drop but the margins are getting smaller and can wait to see how everything else got hit by holiday inflation completely ending.

Edited by Jiffy

As I've been saying few days now, 3.6M would've been pretty good. While everyone was jumping on the 4.5M bandwagon, we need to consider the runtime taking a relatively heavy toll on weekdays along with the championship games. It's a perfectly fine drop. 3M Thursday will still likely mean 32-33M+ 3day and 40-42+ 4 day. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jiffy said:

Can't say I was expecting 85% Mon-Mon drop but the margins are getting smaller and can wait to see how everything else got hit by holiday inflation completely ending.

Regarding the Monday to Monday drop, a lot of people were still on holiday January 2, since New Year's Day landed on a Sunday so people got their holiday on Monday. Normal box office patterns will apply now.

Edited by Verrows

Just now, Verrows said:

Regarding the Monday to Monday drop, a lot of people were still on holiday January 2, since New Year's Day landed on a Sunday. Normal box office patterns will apply now.

Yeah, it's just a little stark coming in 25% below target but the game could be another factor (in which case, too bad for next Monday heh). Big Tuesday increase could be in store.

• Like 1

Well I guess if it comes in it 3.5m you got to look at the other movies and see if they jumped down a lot. To see if NFL was a meme or real. This would be an around 45% drop from last thursday, which had people still on holidays, and we know that A2 plays better on weekends.

Edited by IronJimbo

7 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

This would be an around 45% drop from last thursday, which had people still on holidays, and we know that A2 plays better on weekends.

Should be fine as A2 friday jump will probably be close to twice as big compared to last week.

• Like 1

Sherlock Holmes 2 has been a good comparison for weekend drop percentages. Avatar 2 should at least be doing close to 4M today but maybe the weather in California is affecting it again. See how everything else goes with Monday. I was right in saying the winter storm was significantly impacting pre-Xmas numbers. 

9 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

3.5 for A2?

neytiri-cry-avatar.gif

As long as wee keep getting strong weekends it will be all good.

3.5 would actually be a good drop

it's right in line with Rogue One or NWH, and we can't really expect a better Sunday to Monday drop than those movies (because of how strong Avatar is on the weekend and because of the longer running time). I never expected 4+ for Monday, that would have been incredible. I expect a decent Tuesday bump however, if it plays a bit like the first week.

This run is going to be really contrasted between the weak days (Monday Wednesday Thursday) and the strong days.