filmlover

95th Academy Awards nominations thread

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Been pretty chalk so far except for Brian Tyree Henry.

"my year of dicks" and "an ostrich told me the world is fake and I think I believe it" the highlights so far.

I would say "no Dano" is definitely a surprise but I guess the veteran (Hirsch) ultimately won out despite the very brief screen time.

Edited by filmlover

Just looking at nominations, feels like EEAAO is the "it" film this year and so fav for Best Pic

I should probably get around to watching that, hopefully my locals bring it back to theatres

I'm glad we avoided Best Picture and Best Screenplay nominee The Whale.

Now I need to see TAR (on Peacock Friday so I know how I'm spending the weekend), Triangle of Sadness, and Women Talking (also planning to see that this weekend).

Edited by filmlover

She Said definitely the big loser of this awards season. A lot of hype early and then it just crashed. Women Talking being the acting and directing play didn't work out either, it only got screenplay and picture in the end.

I think EEAAO is the nomination leader but not sure. All Quiet with a lot of nominations but likely only one win on awards night.