GOGODanca

2/10 - 2/12 weekend thread

https://deadline.com/2023/02/box-office-magic-mikes-last-dance-super-bowl-weekend-1235256441/

Avatar: The Way of Water notched ahead of Titanic in the No. 2 spot in its 9th weekend with $6.9M. The global weekend win belongs to Avatar 2 in its fight against Titanic, $25.8M to $22.3M.

Great exits, duh, with Comscore/Screen Engine’s PostTrak at 96% and a 77% recommend, female-skewing crowd at 63% and 57% between 18-34. “Clearly a good date movie playing to all ages,” says one rival. Diversity demos are 52% Caucasian, 29% Latino and Hispanic, 5% Black and 14% Asian/other. Pic is overindexing on the coasts, but playing evenly across the country with AMC Empire and AMC Burbank the best of the bunch.

I can see this titanic movie getting an a+ cinemascore

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Yeah, EG shouldn't be here.. Generally I don't see the re-release run that took place in the first year of run since initial debut as re-release, even if the movie is released with different version. That is why I never see Avatar extended edition in 2010 nor NWH's extended edition as re-release.  

If it's a different version it's definitely a re-release.

That’s a -69% second weekend drop for Knock at the Cabin, ouch. I think it could miss $30m total. - edit; The-Numbers had bogus numbers up for a bit, whoops 

Missing with the best hold in the top 10. M3GAN passing $90m and Plane passing $30m. January wasn’t so bad after all. 

Edited by Krissykins

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

That’s a -69% second weekend drop for Knock at the Cabin, ouch. I think it could miss $30m total. 

Missing with the best hold in the top 10. M3GAN passing $90m and Plane passing $30m. January wasn’t so bad after all. 

63%.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Favorite Fearless Legion said:

Very interesting — wonder if the explicit labeling as premium seats (and extra charge to prove it) will actually increase the inclination towards these seats for some users, Veblen style

I think the way the interface is, there's really not that much to deter people away from the good seats. I think the people sitting in the mid tier seats are probably inclined to sit there anyways ( I always see people choosing the corners and wings in half empty theatres for the space).

I think despite all the online complaints, most people aren't thinking too much about $2. Especially once you've already committed to buying a ticket. You then may as well make the experience as enjoyable as possible.

• Like 1