GOGODanca

2/10 - 2/12 weekend thread

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Seeing “limited” being thrown around on Twitter do describe 1,500 locations. That’s not limited lol. 

I guess Evil Dead Rise will face the same fate unfortunately.

In terms of a "Wide" release, it is pretty limited

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

In terms of a "Wide" release, it is pretty limited

Yeh it’s definitely a scaled back release for a $45m+ budgeted movie with a $20m release strategy. Still more than double what an actual limited release is, though. 

9 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh it’s definitely a scaled back release for a $45m+ budgeted movie with a $20m release strategy. Still more than double what an actual limited release is, though. 

You’re a limited release.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

That's crazy. I wonder which movie will come out on top once the international numbers are counted. 😅

I think it will actually be close this weekend, with Titanic possible taking it.

Overall though A2 will gross more in its remaining run imo to take the 3rd spot on the all time chart.

• Like 4

Has anyone been tracking how AMC's sightline sales have been going? I just checked a couple of theatres to see what the seat distributions were (I picked AMC Schererville in Indiana, and AMC Randhurst in Chicago). Sales seem to be about 2/3 in the premium section, and 1/3 in the normal section. I saw one ticket sold in the value section across the 8-10 showings I checked into.

This is a weekend with pretty empty showings, so if anyone was going to try the buying of something cheap and moving, it's more likely to work now than next week during Antman.

If that pattern is consistent elsewhere, AMC is likely happy with what they're seeing. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

That's crazy. I wonder which movie will come out on top once the international numbers are counted. 😅

Titanic last I checked was $2204M+, its not $2.109M. Now with re-release money since WED, it could be $2210M+.

edit: checking back, it was $2195M. Not sure if missing something. Should be $2003-2004M now.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

First director ever to have two $600M+ grosser in a domestic weekend top 5 chart… at the same time.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, vafrow said:

Has anyone been tracking how AMC's sightline sales have been going? I just checked a couple of theatres to see what the seat distributions were (I picked AMC Schererville in Indiana, and AMC Randhurst in Chicago). Sales seem to be about 2/3 in the premium section, and 1/3 in the normal section. I saw one ticket sold in the value section across the 8-10 showings I checked into.

This is a weekend with pretty empty showings, so if anyone was going to try the buying of something cheap and moving, it's more likely to work now than next week during Antman.

If that pattern is consistent elsewhere, AMC is likely happy with what they're seeing. 

Very interesting — wonder if the explicit labeling as premium seats (and extra charge to prove it) will actually increase the inclination towards these seats for some users, Veblen style

Edited by Favorite Fearless Legion