GOGODanca

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania — Weekend Thread | 105.5M 3-Day, 120M 4-Day

9 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

I agree 100% To me the issue is more than just that. Yeah that´s a big problem but many of the writers they had in Phase 3 wasn´t top notch either but they for the most part still did well. It seems that the overseeing from Feige has vanished completly. I remember seeing the notes Feige gave to the Amazing Spider-Man 2 script. He knows what he´s doing. Just don´t understand how this was allowed. Man what I would do to be a fly on the wall in meetings between Feige and Chapek the last 3 years.

Michael Waldron did so good on Loki and on MoM it was meh... I´m sure some of it also comes from writers not getting proper time to actually make the script good enough. At least for Waldron that was pretty evident. But I can´t really see the writer for Kang Dynasti suddenly making something really good and strong. Even with proper time. Only hope is that the focus on quality control that they are talking so much will make the focus on giving the writers the time but also hire the proper writers. I´m sick of Rick and Morty. Waldron is the only one that has actually made something good and most people hated what he brought to the table on his first MCU film.

See this is what I'm wondering about. Is this all Feige's vision or has he drawn up the basic roadmap and taking his hands off otherwise? It's encouraging in a weird sort of way if the latter is true because it means there's hope if he ever decided to take back control.

I still thinks this comes down in large part to writing though..that's just my opinion. However, the writing could just be a reflection of the roadmap that's in place for this saga, which circles back to your point I guess.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Verrows said:

See this is what I'm wondering about. Is this all Feige's vision or has he drawn up the basic roadmap and taking his hands off otherwise? It's encouraging in a weird sort of way if the latter is true because it means there's hope if he ever decided to take back control.

I still thinks this comes down in large part to writing though..that's just my opinion. However, the writing could just be a reflection of the roadmap that's in place for this saga, which circles back to your point I guess.

Yeah it´s hard to know what actually is going behind the scenes. But however they do it, it need to improve asap. I hope a big part of it is Feige having so many projects that he can´t oversee everything to the same degree. Because then there´s hope with them scaling things down.

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong though. I'm with others who've said the movie doesn't feel as bad as the reviews and scores and metrics seem to indicate. I enjoyed the first two thirds or so, and I even really liked parts of the last third. It's just certain writing decisions that disappointed me.

Kang was as advertised. I at the very least buy this next saga's big villain.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Verrows said:

Don't get me wrong though. I'm with others who've said the movie doesn't feel as bad as the reviews and scores and metrics seem to indicate. I enjoyed the first two thirds or so, and I even really liked parts of the last third. It's just certain writing decisions that disappointed me.

Kang was as advertised. I at the very least buy this next saga's big villain.

Yeah I still liked it. But I could also understand why so many is hating it or given it rotten. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Psylocke said:

Saw Ant-Man 3 a few hours ago and I give it a 2/5. It deserve that rotten score and cant believe there are defenders of that movie here on this board.

It´s almost like movies are subjective and people can have different opinions about something. 

• Like 4
  • Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

I will be glad when this weekend is over. Talk about a roller coaster trying to predict ANT3. Just when 95M looks around about for 3 day it goes back up to well over 100 again in the space of a few hours. 

charlie gave a 100-110 range for OW last night as well, nothing has really changed 

Slightly off topic. Usually even when I don't like a movie that did well at box office, I usually tend to understand why critics and general audience loved it. But the one movie over the last decade which I hated and never could understand how it did so well at boxoffice was The Revenant. One of the most boring movies I watched in theatre. There was literally nothing happening in the movie....I was shocked to see that movie doing greater than $500M at boxoffice. 

Just now, upriser7 said:

Slightly off topic. Usually even when I don't like a movie that did well at box office, I usually tend to understand why critics and general audience loved it. But the one movie over the last decade which I hated and never could understand how it did so well at boxoffice was The Revenant. One of the most boring movies I watched in theatre. There was literally nothing happening in the movie....I was shocked to see that movie doing greater than $500M at boxoffice. 

Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

Perks of having the biggest movie star

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

Just now, GOGODanca said:

charlie gave a 100-110 range for OW last night as well, nothing has really changed 

He also said 19M previews then 18-18.5 and it was 17.5M. To keep the same number for 3 day was a bit confusing. we will see where it ultimately lands. Deadline coming with 26.5M I thought maybe thats low and thought 28 but if its actually 29 then again thats a lot different. Especially a movie that really slowed down sales and is not well received to actually over perform from early numbers is a bit confusing (for me anyways).

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

He also said 19M previews then 18-18.5 and it was 17.5M. To keep the same number for 3 day was a bit confusing. we will see where it ultimately lands. Deadline coming with 26.5M I thought maybe thats low and thought 28 but if its actually 29 then again thats a lot different. Especially a movie that really slowed down sales and is not well received to actually over perform from early numbers is a bit confusing (for me anyways).

well deadline early estimates are always conservative and tbf thursday and friday are fanboy days, the WOM isn't really gonna kick in this soon, we will see tommorow how it plays out

13 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

It was Leo at his peak goodwill post Wolf of Wall Street/Gatsby/Django Unchained/Inception + Best Actor Oscar chatter

Edited by Spidey Freak

5 hours ago, GOGODanca said:

The rest of the top five includes Universal/DreamWorks Animation’s Puss in Boots: The Last Wish at 2,675 with a robust ninth weekend of $6.4M over 3 (+15%) and $8.5M over 4 days getting the animated sequel to $169.3M, beating last year’s domestic final of Sing 2 ($162.7M). The pic’s Friday is $1.45M.

Third belongs to the tenth weekend of 20th/Lightstorm/Disney’s Avatar: The Way of Water at 2,675 locations with a $1.4M Friday, with a $6.5M 3-day (-10%), 4 day of $8.1M, running total of $659M which will make the James Cameron directed movie the 9th highest of all-time on the domestic box office list.

Fourth is Warner Bros.’ second weekend of Magic Mike’s Last Dance at 3,034 with a $1.5M Friday, 3 day of $4.7M (-43%), 4-day of $5.4M and running total just under $18M.

Paramount’s 80 for Brady is fifth at 3,119 with a third Friday of $1.05M, 3-day of $4M, -31%, 4-day of $4.7M and running total of $33.3M.

What the heck? Puss increasing and A2 barely dropping

Wait, what? I was hoping for $5M for THE WAY OF WATER, but was told it would be difficult since the movie would lose those important premium screens.

Isn't DH just inventing numbers here? 😂😂😂 Because those are insane holds. And my goodness, PUSS IN BOOTS: THE LAST WISH. I could not be any happier for that movie. It has finally bumped BLACK ADAM from the top 10 of 2022. 😂

• Like 2