GOGODanca

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania — Weekend Thread | 105.5M 3-Day, 120M 4-Day

22 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

It’s very frustrating, bc it will probably take a very high effort re-expansion push or else it will probably fall like 10m short. It held like 10-15% worse than I was expecting these prior 2 weekends or I think it woulda had it for sure. 

If it gets to 690 that push will happen

6 minutes ago, Deathlife said:

Ant-man 3 has increased from Ant-man 2

admits-wise its possible it wont

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Expectations were  high because Marvel themselves were hyping  the movie up and Ant Man was likely to get a boost after appearing in Endgame. They didn’t just come out of nowhere 

I think Far From Home got an Endgame boost but that was two months later, not almost 4 years.

Also, of course Disney hyped up their movie, that shouldn't set box office expectations. That's just marketing.

Quantumania’s $100m OW with negative reviews and mediocre WOM is pretty impressive and still good. It’s the international numbers and perhaps the legs that should be of concern.

• Like 2

It's the 3rd installment of a series ,  coming out on a holiday weekend which means Sunday is stronger than usual, previews start at 3PM and not 7 PM which means more money for opening weekend, not to mention the villain of this one is the titular character of the next avengers movie, despite that it might need Puerto Rico to hit 100m over the 3 day and it's legs are all but assured to be mediocre 

49 minutes ago, Deathlife said:

Haven't been posting here much lately but Ant-man 3 has increased from Ant-man 2 which increased from Ant-man 1.

Yeah, Ant-man played a big role in Endgame but folks...it's Ant-man. 

Well even though it´s still that, MCU threequel jumps are usually pretty big. It will barely increase, may even not on Ant-Man 2. It won´t get close to beat it worldwidwe. At least for Wakanda Forever you can point to the first Black Panther overperforming massively but not improving on the sequel that made only "622M" is not good. It might not even beat Ant-Man 2 adjusted for inflation domestically. 

• Like 1

Just now, Verrows said:

The MCU needs real writers. Stat.

I agree 100% To me the issue is more than just that. Yeah that´s a big problem but many of the writers they had in Phase 3 wasn´t top notch either but they for the most part still did well. It seems that the overseeing from Feige has vanished completly. I remember seeing the notes Feige gave to the Amazing Spider-Man 2 script. He knows what he´s doing. Just don´t understand how this was allowed. Man what I would do to be a fly on the wall in meetings between Feige and Chapek the last 3 years.

Michael Waldron did so good on Loki and on MoM it was meh... I´m sure some of it also comes from writers not getting proper time to actually make the script good enough. At least for Waldron that was pretty evident. But I can´t really see the writer for Kang Dynasti suddenly making something really good and strong. Even with proper time. Only hope is that the focus on quality control that they are talking so much will make the focus on giving the writers the time but also hire the proper writers. I´m sick of Rick and Morty. Waldron is the only one that has actually made something good and most people hated what he brought to the table on his first MCU film.

• Like 1

I just saw Antman and honestly... it wasn't that bad?

Like was it a top tier film and one of the best MCU movies? No not really. A lot of it felt a little irrelevant and it ran through a lot of the typical Marvel plot points and cliches, and was a little heavy on the CGI, but at the end of the day I felt it struck a much better balance between humor and drama, had a stronger story overall, and felt more consistent than the last couple (Like Thor, and MoM).

Like was it perfect? No. But reviews making it look like the worst MCU movie yet? Really? Not by a long shot is it that bad

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Killimano3 said:

I just saw Antman and honestly... it wasn't that bad?

Like was it a top tier film and one of the best MCU movies? No not really. A lot of it felt a little irrelevant and it ran through a lot of the typical Marvel plot points and cliches, and was a little heavy on the CGI, but at the end of the day I felt it struck a much better balance between humor and drama, had a stronger story overall, and felt more consistent than the last couple (Like Thor, and MoM).

Like was it perfect? No. But reviews making it look like the worst MCU movie yet? Really? Not by a long shot is it that bad

So I get that you will be happy with MCU having more rotten movies?