GOGODanca

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania — Weekend Thread | 105.5M 3-Day, 120M 4-Day

1 minute ago, GOGODanca said:

We’re hearing from box office sources that Peyton Reed’s Ant-Man and the Wasp: Qunatumania zoomed to a $17M-$18M last night in previews from showtimes that started at 3PM. That figure, which could be higher or lower once Disney officially reports later this morning, is where Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2‘s Thursday night was back in 2017, at $17M.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

We’re hearing from box office sources that Peyton Reed’s Ant-Man and the Wasp: Qunatumania zoomed to a $17M-$18M last night in previews from showtimes that started at 3PM. That figure, which could be higher or lower once Disney officially reports later this morning, is where Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2‘s Thursday night was back in 2017, at $17M.

Oh my god, Disney finna fudge this to 18m lol.

Could this movie seriously be Marvel's own Batman v Superman moment? I'll be very surprised if we don't see the current slate altered in the next couple of weeks. Unlike DC, neither of the Avengers movies are anywhere near filming so there's still plenty of time to fix what audiences evidently aren't responding to here.

• Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 4

4 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Could this movie seriously be Marvel's own Batman v Superman moment? I'll be very surprised if we don't see the current slate altered in the next couple of weeks. Unlike DC, neither of the Avengers movies are anywhere near filming so there's still plenty of time to fix what audiences evidently aren't responding to here.

MCU is not that far from "The Good Dinosaur"  moment for Pixar. 

11 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

We need to put sylvester and spiderbyte in a cage and let them fight it out to decide the future of the MCU.

• Like 5
  • Astonished 3

10 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Even with its elevated role, this is still an Antman movie. It doesn't have that same brand damage potential that the first team up movie of your iconic characters.

Still, Marvel really needs something to turn this tide. Batman v Superman killed the plans around WB in one shot. Marvel is dieing a death by a thousand cuts.

The longer they go without a film that stands among their best films, the harder it is for people to stay engaged with a franchise that demands a lot of its viewers.

• Like 4

The tracking team is so excellent and spot on that they have taken away the suspense of waiting for the first numbers to be announced haha. 

Anyway I really didn't like Quantumania but hope it earns a lot. A healthy box office is good for all. 

• Like 4