GOGODanca

3/3 - 3/5 Weekend Thread | Creed III gets the biggest franchise opening and MGM opening ever with 58.7M. #AintMan drops 61% for 12.5M. Jonathan Majors still getting paid fat stacks

1 minute ago, upriser7 said:

I think it does..just that something seems to be broken on twitter since the past 20-30 mins. None of the images or any links posted on twitter are not working...something seems to be off with the Twitter APIs which is affecting this. Should be able to embed the tweets once this issue is sorted out

Maybe. Have been having issues for the past hour. Let's wait.

more than these constant disruptions of various functionalities of twitter, most frustrating thing of twitter experience since Elon took over are the bots...so many annoying spam bots these days in replies. The one thing which Elon said he'd work on was cutting down bot accounts but infact I feel like the bot accounts have grown like crazy since Elon took over. It really ruins twitter for me

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sophia Jane said:

You just ignore all Chinese movie?

The full river red is the highest grossing film of 2023 now

Generally, yeah. It's more due to the minimal distribution outside of China, Pathaan for example was bigger than a good chunk of best picture nominees in the US. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Generally, yeah. It's more due to the minimal distribution outside of China, Pathaan for example was bigger than a good chunk of best picture nominees in the US. 

Box office is Box office,if you want to rank the highest grossing film of 2023 you can’t ignore Chinese product.

Edited by Sophia Jane
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

more than these constant disruptions of various functionalities of twitter, most frustrating thing of twitter experience since Elon took over are the bots...so many annoying spam bots these days in replies. The one thing which Elon said he'd work on was cutting down bot accounts but infact I feel like the bot accounts have grown like crazy since Elon took over. It really ruins twitter for me

my feed is full of right wingers since he took over. It’s not people I follow, or liked or retweeted by people I follow. 

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, ClarkZuckerberg said:

I'll remind everyone Iron Man was the only hit pre-Avengers (2012). Cap and Thor weren't hits until after Avengers.

I've historically made that argument but I don't really think it's true. Thor 1 wasn't a breakout hit but, unlike Cap 1, he made enough to easily sustain a stand alone franchise. It's the 15th highest grossing film of 2011 just below...Rise of Planet of the Apes, 
Thor 1's box office was pretty similar to 2010's Clash of Titans (big mythological fantasy series boosted by post Avatar 3D conversion). 

I doubt we would have gotten a Thor 3 based on the actual quality of Thor 2, but it did perfectly fine on its own terms. How much of Thor 1's gross was due to the IM2's tease of Thor at the end of the film?

10 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

LMAO. When did I said any of first.

TWOW WOM is obviously great. I think A3 will drop of TWOW but that isn't called sinking, its pretty much standard.

So now is great? Back in late December you had a different opinion. Glad you changed it.

Anyway I’m not so sure it will drop at least globally. Obviously the film needs to be an absolute banger to best TWOW and who knows how much China will bring this time around without COVID jeopardizing the run.

19 minutes ago, Mr Roark said:

So now is great? Back in late December you had a different opinion. Glad you changed it.

Anyway I’m not so sure it will drop at least globally. Obviously the film needs to be an absolute banger to best TWOW and who knows how much China will bring this time around without COVID jeopardizing the run.

hating a film != thinking the WOM sucks

I thought we learned that by now

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Mr Roark said:

The film is bad personally but that doesn't make its wom bad.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 2

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

The film is bad personally but that doesn't make its wom bad.

I remember u responding to a conversation on twitter doom n glooming about how much A3 will suffer because people are not liking A2 very much. I’m not talking about your personal rating of the film (that indeed already changed from a 2 to a 5 if I recall correctly).

@JustLurking

Edited by Mr Roark
  • Like 1