CJohn

Friday Numbers (THG: 6.5M; T3S: 5.6M; CitW: 5.5M)

NEW UPDATE:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-report-three-stooges-cabin-in-woods-hunger-games-312067

The three films could all gross in the $5 million to $7 million range for the day; "Stooges" could end up on top, but it needs to gross $6 million or more to overtake monster "Hunger Games" for the weekend.

THR: Stooges Cabin and HG--all between 5-7m FridayTHR then estimates 15-18 WE Stooges 13-15 WE Cabin and 18-19 WE HGhttp://www.hollywood...er-games-312067

The thing is though, if Stooges makes 7 mill on Friday, it will do more than 20, if it does 5, it will do about 18.

Nikki is just guessing at this point. But it appears that THG will be #1 again.

Of course she's guessing. But we need that guess, we want that guess......it fuels us.

It's not heroin B. But close. :P

Could you imagine if she stopped doing these Friday estimates? We'd be lost puppy dogs. she's like the ex girlfriend that has cheated on you and yet when you break up with her you miss her...miss her scent, miss her taste, miss her voice and miss all of her yummy parts. Nikki is that ex girlfriend. We need her. :D:lol:

Could you imagine if she stopped doing these Friday estimates? We'd be lost puppy dogs. she's like the ex girlfriend that has cheated on you and yet when you break up with her you miss her...miss her scent, miss her taste, miss her voice and miss all of her yummy parts. Nikki is that ex girlfriend. We need her. :D:lol:

We are just way too spoiled now with how fast numbers come in. I can't imagine waiting till Saturday morning like the good ol days.

We are just way too spoiled now with how fast numbers come in. I can't imagine waiting till Saturday morning like the good ol days.

I would die if I had to wait until Sat morning :lol:

I like an ex-girlfriend, who's real, not a ghost. Mostly Nikki's numbers are not real. They're guesses. It's fine when it comes to films like Stooges, but it won't be a laughing matter when one point Avengers is doing 170m OW, an hour later 140m, won't be fun getting Spidey 6-day estimates on Wednesday or TDKR "Friday estimates" on Thursday night, etc.

$13-15 million would be solid for CITW. Recoups the cost Lionsgate paid for the film and should have no problem earning back the marketing costs after that, especially if WOM as is good as it should be.

FRIDAY 4:15 PM UPDATE: Strong matinees are helping Twentieth Century Fox newcomer The Three Stooges to overperform at the North American box office. It was #1 for matinees today. By 4 PM it was neck-and-neck with Joss Whedon’s The Cabin In The Woods at $6.4M-$6.5M. But the horror genre does better on Friday nights and the PG family fare best on Saturday mats. For the weekend, there’s a good chance Stooges could take down juggernaut The Hunger Games after Lionsgate’s 3 straight weeks atop the box office in the U.S. and Canada. Right now weekend projections are: Three Stooges $21M, The Hunger Games $21M, and Cabin In The Woods $17M. Hunger Games is looking like $4.7M-$5M today.

Updated.

Edited by acab