CJohn

Friday Numbers (THG: 6.5M; T3S: 5.6M; CitW: 5.5M)

Dang tons of hypocryts here.They go off saying "Don't attack that film if you have not seen it" While they go attack this film. Maybe people want a fun film for a change? Also it was going to leave eventully. And as I said there was some stuff:Very very wide.First family film live action that is for boys in a while.Decent reviews.And a 20M OW-that is one of the lowest number ones this year, so its not like it is making 100M.Dang I hate to see peoples reactions if Home Alone was now...

I HATE that type of comedy, so I know for a fact I won't be able to stand the movie. I thought The Three Stooges were dead and buried in the past where they belonged. Anyways, this version looks like a poor man's take on the original anyways.

I was not talking about you Movie Man, but yeah some people just seem to attack any type of film they don't like. (I actually remember on BOM that surprisingly Hotel for Dogs had good crowd reports even when people thought it be terrible)

Did you read the live action part :P

Is there really much of a difference between the "live action family movie" and "animated family movie" audience? Either way, there's still been a pretty big gap between the Lorax's release and Three Stooges, so breaking out isn't that big of a stretch.But that being said, I always wait until the first estimates after 9pm PT before taking them seriously. Edited by tribefan695

I think the reviews were good because people had VERY LOW expectations.

Exactly, even the RT consensus mentions it's "nowhere near as painful as it should have been" or something like that. It's pretty easy to give a C+ review when your expectations are in the gutter.

Also 20 million, that is not exactly an amazing number, its good but not great. For this year, that makes it one of the lowest number ones.Don't worry, Avengers will be here soon enough.

Exactly, even the RT consensus mentions it's "nowhere near as painful as it should have been" or something like that. It's pretty easy to give a C+ review when your expectations are in the gutter.

"While nowhere near as painful as it could have been, The Three Stooges fails to add fresh laughs to the Stooges' inestimable cinematic legacy"People's expectations were so low that it ended up as a solid movie.

In fairness, reviews for Three Stooges are three times stronger than I expected (and it's still like a 42% on RT).

I'm dumbfounded, though. This movie shouldn't work. It's too adult for kids and too kiddy for adults.

You guys realize Stooges was on over 500 more theaters then Cabin right?

The Devil Inside was in 2200 theaters and made like 33M on OW os or :lol:That means nothing.

Since when is 42% good? She says the reviews are "better than expected" for Stooges, while saying Cabin got "decent" reviews. It's at 93%! Nikki is clearly cheerleading for this so I'm not buying any of it for now.

+1

In fairness, reviews for Three Stooges are three times stronger than I expected (and it's still like a 42% on RT).

I'm dumbfounded, though. This movie shouldn't work. It's too adult for kids and too kiddy for adults.

On the other hand, it looks like a pretty faithful adaptation. The characters look perfectly cast.