Issac Newton

Weekend Thread - 3/17-19 | Weekend Est. - Shazam II $30.5M, Scream VI $17.5M, Creed III $15.4M, LXV $5.8M, #AintMan $4.1M

52 minutes ago, Mr Roark said:

It came 8% lower than Dark Phoenix DOM and a shocking -68% OS.

Another proof that OS superhero fatigue is real folks.

This argument still doesn't mean much if the CBMs continue to be stinkers. We have to wait for a well received CBM to do poorly, then we can say superhero fatigue is real 

18 hours ago, Dominic Draper said:

Saw shazam today and thought it was surprisingly decent. After the atrocious marketing and the reviews I expected the worst but came away really enjoying it 

It helps that I loved the first film I suppose. 

Thought it was a solid 7/10. Kinda sad what's happening to it.

Where as ant man 3 I thought was one of the worst CBM films in years.

Anyway, I look forward to sandberg getting back into horror after this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

This argument still doesn't mean much if the CBMs continue to be stinkers. We have to wait for a well received CBM to do poorly, then we can say superhero fatigue is real 

BPWF OS was not very good

17 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Black Panther is a terrible OS measuring stick. The first one was a massive cultural phenomenon yet only made $649M OS (That includes $100M+ China)

Black Panther was only a cultural phenomenon in America, It benefited a lot from infinity war hype worldwide. 

• Like 1

A 1 month-to-PVOD window isn't all that unusual. Black Adam had the same window, as did Jurassic World: Dominion and Minions: The Rise of Gru, while Creed III will also arrive on PVOD around the same timeframe. It's the deal that Uni put in place that WB and MGM also now follow. Last that was reported, it's <$50m = 17 days, >$50m = 30 days. So, actually, WB might be giving this a longer window than required. I'm surprised it's not dropping on April 4, to be honest.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Great drops for these two. THE WAY OF WATER stayed at 2M. 🙂

Another, A2's PTA went up from last weekend. They really need to give the movie one last round expansion like how they did for Pixar film before ending the run.