Eric Prime

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

15 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

The Little Mermaid 100% had to do with racism man, just look at every single video that they uploaded being downvoted because they dared cast the person suited best to play Ariel and from everyone I know that has seen the movie they think Halle was the best part of the movie. 

So this wasn't just the assumption that the bigots were not racist, they 100% WERE.

I didnt want to watch mermaid cause I am annoyed at disney remakes

Issue is they made it seem if you not watch you are racist lol 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

The Little Mermaid 100% had to do with racism man, just look at every single video that they uploaded being downvoted because they dared cast the person suited best to play Ariel and from everyone I know that has seen the movie they think Halle was the best part of the movie. 

So this wasn't just the assumption that the bigots were not racist, they 100% WERE.

I didn't bother about Mario, so like wise didn't watch TLM. Will probably look forward for MI7 or Barbie among Imported 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Imagine how much it will make this week if it gets back some PLE screens from The Flash bombing.

50%+ weekend to weekend drop after it had already lost it's PLFs is kinda a lot but I expect it to stabilize. Surprised the numbers were adjusted down for it. Getting some back would certainly be a boost. Curious what kind of weekend to weekend drop next weekend... I'm thinking sub 40% hopefully.

23 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

I think in the end, its all good to be inclusive and such but in the end as a brand you need to know your audience as well.

Like I notice where I live which is more an area full of conservative minorties, the local big brand stores dont have pride displays, but if I go dowtown they do.

Why should bigots ever be catered to?

This is the big problem, the fact that these clowns think sexuality and gender are POLITICAL issues when they're not.  It's basic human rights, simple as that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, thedude11 said:

personally I think people are just tired of being called racist or uncultured for not liking disneys recent slate. I mean seriously, it feels like every disney release relies on the marketing of “you’re racist if you don’t watch this”. turns out maybe it’s not a good strategy in the long run?

When has this ever been part of Disney's marketing? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

I didnt want to watch mermaid cause I am annoyed at disney remakes

Issue is they made it seem if you not watch you are racist lol 

I didn't watch it either because The Lion King live action offended me so much I said I will not watch another Disney remake. That doesn't negate the fact that a lot of the backlash in regards to The Little Mermaid was 100% racially motivated because of bigots.

• Like 5

Just now, Cappoedameron said:

I didn't watch it either because The Lion King live action offended me so much I said I will not watch another Disney remake. That doesn't negate the fact that a lot of the backlash in regards to The Little Mermaid was 100% racially motivated because of bigots.

And I mean I didn’t watch it either but I’m glad black girls around the world have their Ariel to look up to. I don’t remember Disney marketing making me feel racist for not wanting to watch it, I never saw any of the Disney classic remakes other than Alladin and while I enjoyed it I didn’t think I needed a sequel either.

• Like 6

TLM ended up doing ok domestically (+/- 10-15% of other live Disney remakes). It mostly failed overseas which is why I don't get the discussion of impact RW culture wars vs Disney. There will be some impact for sure but it's not that significant in domestic market. Domestic culture wars are not the reason why it failed in overseas

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Why should bigots ever be catered to?

This is the big problem, the fact that these clowns think sexuality and gender are POLITICAL issues when they're not.  It's basic human rights, simple as that.

You dont 

but for example if you are  selling beer to older white mostly blue collar guys... I dont see putting up a trans spokeperson makes sense from a business point of view.

I am talking about business here.

Edited by Torontofan
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

I can see more and more people just going once a month to a movie to save money and waiting for the rest on streaming or home media. Mid budget movies are already dead in theaters, but getting several billion dollar movies a year could be finished.

Pre-pandemic the average person was only going 4 times a year.

6 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

And I mean I didn’t watch it either but I’m glad black girls around the world have their Ariel to look up to. I don’t remember Disney marketing making me feel racist for not wanting to watch it, I never saw any of the Disney classic remakes other than Alladin and while I enjoyed it I didn’t think I needed a sequel either.

The only people that I've seen try to play this game are the clickbait anti woke clowns on youtube like Geeks and Gamers or Yellowflash, that are just doing all that shit for clicks. 

I mean assclowns that try to say including Rainbow Road in the Mario movie was it going woke alongside Peach being a hero. People like this should never have a platform, they should just be mocked and laughed at, never actually given a voice.

Edited by Cappoedameron
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

TLM seems pretty simple. Did decently pretty much everywhere excluding one huge international market. Didn't click there at all. With that, it'll still do 550M WW and pretty much breakeven. Not bad. Not great. Just fine. 

Exactly. What’s weird is how hard some try to twist it to claim that it’s a great bomb. I mean Disney is making a full blown aquatic attraction over this. The merch is selling like crazy, kids love the new Ariel. It did what was set out to do. But for some reason, people are trying incredibly hard to twist it so they can say that Disney is probably regretting doing it. It’s not. It’s like EVERY. FUCKING. HOLLYWOOD. DECISION. is now about the idiocracy that became US politics. As a foreigner that lives in Brazil where we just barely escaped a military coup to reinstate Bolsonaro as fucking dictator and finally got Lula as our democratically elected president, it’s just so fucking tiresome. Those who claim that "they’re bringing politics into Marvel/Disney/DC/Star Wars etc" are the ones that are always trying to stir up shit. There is no room for nuance, it’s always about what evil Disney is doing or how WB is going to take away Superman’s balls or something. It’s just… ugh.

Edited by ZattMurdock
  • Like 4