Eric is Quiet

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

17 minutes ago, Kon said:

I really doubt the studio expected $600 m or less for the Little Mermaid. It will likely be considered a dissapointed (at least).

Those domestic numbers are great and it's the movie with the highest selling merchandise of the year. Like the original which wasn't HUGE in its original theatrical run but became a lucrative merchandising IP, Disney will milk the hell out of Halle's Ariel from this point on. It's only the beginning.

Also, a lot of OS markets are complaining that Disney didn't spend a lot in promoting TLM in their regions, so it seems that Disney was aware to a degree that this would be very DOM heavy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

RISE OF THE BEASTS might end with 150M, correct? I hope that's enough for a sequel.

It’s been taking a Jurassic path, with a harder hit in week 2 from competition/PLF loss, so from another $45-$50M or so from here is what I would pencil in. Should rebound and hold well next week though 

• Like 1

Just now, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

I nailed Fast X after giving it a bigger drop due to theatre loss but man Mario has blown me out, kudos to whoever predicted 550k, what a guess. As for The Flash and Elemental... well...

My predictions should be for the 4 days. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

The Super Mario Bros. Movie $590K / $572.05M (-74%)

Never really developed great late legs to push it to close to 600M DOM. Remarkable run regardless. Selfishly glad something like Incredibles 2 (even without inflation) comfortably remains the #1 DOM grosser for an animated movie.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

RISE OF THE BEASTS might end with 150M, correct? I hope that's enough for a sequel.

The things I mad at Flash is, not only that the movie vastly underperform in relative to expectation and keep trending down each time when the fresh number came out, the movie caused an unnecessary bloodbath at holdovers such as Fast X and Transformers. I can imagine just how much hall were largely underfilled for Flash' showings.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Never really developed great late legs to push it to close to 600M DOM. Remarkable run regardless. Selfishly glad something like Incredibles 2 (even without inflation) comfortably remains the #1 DOM grosser for an animated movie.

A shame Mario's run will end before it got to even take advantage of the summer. I have to admit I didn't see it fizzling out quite so fast after such a monstrous start (it's looking to gross about 1/3 of what Minions 2 did on its 11th weekend), but this summer is incredibly crowded. 

41 minutes ago, AJG said:

I don’t think I’ve seen a movie rebound from a rotten verified score no matter how many people have voted. 

The Boogeyman did it 3 weekends ago. 

36 minutes ago, Willowra said:

$250M budget, $140M theatrical marketing, 85M other cost

That $85m “other cost” is incorrect. You’ve maybe misunderstood the deadline article about it having “$85m worth of promotional partners”. That doesn’t cost Disney or the film, it just means the partnerships are “worth” $85m. Hope that makes sense. 

Just now, Issac Newton said:

Juicy drop for AtSV. Another big dip weekend to weekend. Should stabilize from here on out and get to 400M~ DOM. I think this series has a ceiling. I'm not convinced the next one can make much more DOM but maybe as high as 425M+... Maybe 450M? If not quite as good as Across, could also decrease.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1