kayumanggi

Weekend Actuals (Jun 23 - 25) | 19.00M ATSV | 18.44M ELEMENTAL | 15.14M THE FLASH | 15.00M NO HARD FEELINGS

7 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

But TC’s and debut position being used as disqualifiers does not make sense. 

I'll put it this way: Collide holds the (likely) unbeatable record of a -88.5% second weekend drop because Open Road was willing to dump it, pulling half of its theaters and likely 75% of its shows for the second weekend, something that almost never happens for a major release. Same for National Champions at #2, against NWH. Can't make money if there are no shows

If a bad second weekend drop is being used as a measure of frontloadness, audience rejection after the opening, then that should be weighed against opportunity, ie the show volume. Flash, Morbius and the others on this list didn't lack for supply, only demand, and to me that puts them a step above (well, below)

• Like 4

When you are going for technicalities to argue if The Flash is doing worse than some other badly performing movies or not, then things are really bad.

Let's be honest though, no one cares about Steel. whoever he is supposed to be.  The Flash in contrast is a well known superhero.

Edited by CrashBandicoot81
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LegionGPT said:

Yeah using some combination of:

cbm

50M+

4000+ 2nd weekend

Will be able to get a record for sure. The question is how few selections will it require.

Yeh I don’t think any real record drops are happening for it. Still in the top 100 drops of all time though at #82. 

Just now, Grebacio said:

Yes, it had a horrible opening weekend, but that's a pretty incredible hold coming off a long weekend debut.

It looks like it's going to have no issue handling Ruby Gillman, and will be a default option for families with young kids over the summer.

It should see good legs, and can hopefully beat out Lightyear at least.

• Like 7