kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers | Jul 17 - 20 | Wednesday | 4.74M M:I - DEAD RECKONING I | 4.72M SOUND OF FREEDOM

5 minutes ago, atleekumar said:

sof > mi This weekend

I don't think that's going to happen. Even though sound of freedom is counter programming to Barbie I don't see how mission Impossible falls that hard this weekend.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, narniadis said:

That is a bonkers bad fall for MI7 unless I'm missing something. Sheesh. I get runtime issues and it being a workday but its summer -65% is rough. 

Especially considering everything else is falling by around 55% or less

1 minute ago, baumer said:

I don't think that's going to happen. Even though sound of freedom is counter programming to Barbie I don't see how mission Impossible falls that hard this weekend.

SOF won't lose PLFs, plus when PIF figures get added on later it will probably be only 10% or so behind MI7 which is dropping like a normal movie. It will overtake it in dailies before the weekend even begins.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, narniadis said:

That is a bonkers bad fall for MI7 unless I'm missing something. Sheesh. I get runtime issues and it being a workday but its summer -65% is rough. 

movie also had less action scenes compared to fallout one of the reasons why its underperforming in china and other asian countries

Like to me, the Monday number is the first truly disappointing number. The rest have all been within my expectations (if a fraction low), but I firmly expected ~6.5m or so if not a tad higher. Just based on past behavior for the franchise and the demographics and type of film. 

Makes me uber curious what today does then. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

SOF won't lose PLFs, plus when PIF figures get added on later it will probably be only 10% or so behind MI7 which is dropping like a normal movie. It will overtake it in dailies before the weekend even begins.

I'm one of the biggest supporters of sound of freedom and yet even I think that you might be a bit too optimistic with it. This magical run that it's on is going to taper off one of these days. And by taper off I mean it might actually start behaving somewhat normally. If it doesn't take over Daily's by Wednesday it's not going to this week. It's going to be fun watching it for the rest of the summer but this week just because it's only a million behind right now I don't think that's going to give it enough to pass mission Impossible on the weekdays.

• Like 1