kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers | Jul 17 - 20 | Wednesday | 4.74M M:I - DEAD RECKONING I | 4.72M SOUND OF FREEDOM

9 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Accept the reality. The BO reflect the general trend of USA.

1. 47% or $74m of the voters voted Trump.

2. 48 Democrats vs 50 Republicans in Senate.

3. More conservative judges in supreme court now

SOF success move in line with the macro-environment. If right-wing can have that much of influence, a $100m of BO hit should be a small piece of cake for them. It is probably the Roe v. Wade Overturned moment in the cinema. Just how many more win by conservative group needed to wake political left up, that your opponent simply isn't as weak as you hope?

2. 2 of those 50 caucus with Democrats, and on top of that only a slim majority of Republicans taken the house due to gerrymandering in NY and CA going unstopped.

3. Yes and that is because the GOP controlled House and Senate didn’t let Obama get to choose his replacement upon next election letting them getting that seat despite letting Trump doing the same. Trump also got to get another replacement. Also on top of that the US population doesn’t control who gets appointed to Supreme Court but congress does.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, baumer said:

From what I understand and I could be wrong but I don't think Angel studios has managed to secure any showings in international markets as of yet.

SoF will be released in Mexico on Aug 31.

Not sure if any other country has a release date.

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Yeah I had this exact thought the other day. Studios must be kicking themselves that they hadn't thought of this sooner.

There are way too many rich idiots out there who will spend way too much money on twitch streamers, funko pops, onlyfans etc. How many of them would buy extra tickets for the latest marvel film that they really like to help spread the word if given an official option to do so?

Just imagine heards of neckbeards mass buying tickets to Star Wars 10, the Flash 2 or whatever. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

I believe it, PIF seems to help supercharge WOM since it lowers the barrier of entry for people to watch the movie who maybe were on the fence. Then if it's good they recommend it and if they really like it they contribute to PIF turning it into a positive feedback loop. Other studios are watching this run with a LOT of interest right now.

Agreed. I believe the PiF caused snow-ball effect that expand the potential customer or repeat viewings organically. The downside is that, the money has to go to the moviegoers who otherwise won't see the movie in cinema. This method likely won't work for the studio tentpoles since many will likely still go for a well-reviewed movie regardless if it is free. 

A24 should be a be beneficiary of this PiF given their loyal fanbase who maybe willing to spend more just to get more people to see the movie they love. The movie in 2023 that I will definitely contribute to PiF, if they had one, are AIR and Missing. Two movies that I love it so much, but WOM seem didn't transpired in the moviegoers world enough.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, YM! said:

2. 2 of those 50 caucus with Democrats, and on top of that only a slim majority of Republicans taken the house due to gerrymandering in NY and CA going unstopped.

Uhh…. What? It’s because gerrymandering in NY and CA *was* stopped!

13 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

its gonna finish above MI7 domestic :hahaha:

It likely will finish above Flash, Indy, and MI7 DOM.  

Before the summer, we asked which of those 3 would pull out the 45+ adults the most.  It turns out it was none of them, and SoF just destroyed them all (okay, Flash destroyed itself, but Indy's sh&tty legs and MI7's sh&tty open all were indirectly or directly caused by SoF).

Its only target left is Oppy, but it will be tough to take down Nolan fans...then again...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Bob-omb said:

I dont know guys, the movie has 100% audience in RT ... I think this movie will stay quite some time in theaters.

haters on the sidelines runnin they mouth!

(i have no interest in seeing this movie in theaters I just think all the discourse around it is highly amusing and the latest sign of a seemingly permanently splintered/fractured society living in two completely realities eating itself alive)

• Like 2

well said! it killed the momentum big time. Splitting in 2 isn't for every franchise. It worked for Potter for obvious reason, Twilight too and Avengers smartly didn't use Part 1 and 2. I think it'll work for Dune cause there's no other way to adapt properly without split. But DR really didn't need Pt 1 attached to the title.

1 hour ago, baumer said:

Theaters aren't going to give up sound of freedom showings just because Barbenheimer is out. If those shows are 3/4 full on a weeknight they'll find other films to get rid of. 

I think from the tracking thread there are some examples to support that SOF will in fact be getting dropped in favour of Barbie and Oppenheimer, because the theatres are forced to keep Elemental on a full screen. Not dropped completely, but losing a screen. 

I doubt it’ll have a bad drop though, especially not after a $4.5m Monday. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Accept the reality. The BO reflect the general trend of USA.

1. 47% or $74m of the voters voted Trump.

2. 48 Democrats vs 50 Republicans in Senate.

3. More conservative judges in supreme court now

SOF success move in line with the macro-environment. If right-wing can have that much of influence, a $100m of BO hit should be a small piece of cake for them. It is probably the Roe v. Wade Overturned moment in the cinema. Just how many more win by conservative group needed to wake political left up, that your opponent simply isn't as weak as you hope?

This is wrong for multiple reasons. First of all, US Senate currently has 51 Dem aligned and 49 GOP aligned Senators...secondly, Senate composition isn't proportional to typical population of country and I wouldn't cite it as an evidence to say the country is equally divided (which is still true). US House composition (despite it's flaws) or Presidential popular vote is a better indicator of how closely divided country is. Senate is a weird structure where you can win 50 seats even with just 25% support in the country.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, upriser7 said:

This is wrong for multiple reasons. First of all, US Senate currently has 51 Dem aligned and 49 GOP aligned Senators...secondly, Senate composition isn't proportional to typical population of country and I wouldn't cite it as an evidence to say the country is equally divided (which is still true). US House composition (despite it's flaws) or Presidential popular vote is a better indicator of how closely divided country is. Senate is a weird structure where you can win 50 seats even with just 25% support in the country.

In the Senate election 2022, democrats won 39,802,675 votes versus Republican won 39,876,285. 

in the Senate election 2020, democrats won 38,011,916 votes versus Republican won 39,834,647

By popular vote, this is a clear evidence that USA is closely divided politically. 

8 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

In the Senate election 2022, democrats won 39,802,675 votes versus Republican won 39,876,285. 

in the Senate election 2020, democrats won 38,011,916 votes versus Republican won 39,834,647

By popular vote, this is a clear evidence that USA is closely divided politically. 

Again...I am not denying that US is a closely divided country politically but Senate isn't a good indicator to use to assess how closely divided a country is. A Senate term is 6 years and in every election cycle, only 1/3rd of Senate seats are up for election. So how many votes each party won in one Senate cycle doesn't say anything about the country. You mentioned 2022, 2020 where both the parties got roughly same number of votes in Senate but you forgot 2018 where Dems received 52M and GOP received 34M votes. A lot of it is also down to which Senate seats are up for election in which cycle and also in some states, final Senate election would be between candidates from same party

Edited by upriser7
  • Like 2