Shawn Robbins

The Box Office Buzz, Tracking, and Pre-Sale Thread

19 minutes ago, AniNate said:

That is another benefit to having a month and a half + to leg out.

Puss 1 actually had really strong legs as well despite opening later in October. Basically stayed flat its second week. Way back in 1998 Antz managed 5x legs opening in early October.

With Puss 1 I'm pretty sure there was a snowstorm that affected its opening weekend numbers, so I'm not sure if that should be used as a comparison. I guess we'll see how it will perform in this day and age but I would love to see a multiplier similar to Antz. 

Edited by Skim Beeble

1 hour ago, Unfitclock said:

There’s a hurricane hitting Florida today and tomorrow so if sales in Florida are weak that’s probably why

Yeah,I would have seen Robot Thursday but not with Helene approaching. Friday is expected to be clear but who knows what condition the roads may be in - or even the theater. I'm in an area with a lot of families too, so that is a loss.

Edited by Morieris

20 minutes ago, Skim Beeble said:

With Puss 1 I'm pretty sure there was a snowstorm that affected its opening weekend numbers, so I'm not sure if that should be used as a comparison. I guess we'll see how it will perform in this day and age but I would love to see a multiplier similar to Antz. 

That was Puss 2

Legs should be in the 3.5-4 range. Weekdays aren’t going to be as good as Elemental or Migration, one had summer weekdays while the other had Christmas and New Years and schools off. But it should make up for that with stronger weekends 

It seems very likely it's gonna open much bigger than Elemental, so that should at least offset the loss of summer weekdays. Only question is how far word of mouth will carry it. Aside from losing PLF next week (which I suspect isn't gonna hurt it as much as the usual PLF movie) it pretty much controls its own destiny.

Edited by AniNate

23 hours ago, filmpalace said:

The Wild Robot T-2

Tickets sold: 104 (+27)

Growth: 35%

Theaters: 2

Showtimes: 17

1,44x Speak No Evil (T-2) – 1,9M

1,76x Transformers One (T-2) - ?

The Wild Robot T-1

Tickets sold: 128 (+24)

Growth: 23%

Showtimes: 17

1,23x Speak No Evil (T-1) – 1,6M

1,47x Transformers One (T-1) - ?

Most likely underperforming here. Feel like more accurate numbers have been posted by other trackers.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, filmpalace said:

Megalopolis T-2

Tickets sold: 80 (+10)

Growth: 14%

Showtimes: 7

1,11x Speak No Evil (T-2) – 1,4M

3,80x The Substance (T-2) – 1,2M

Average: 1,3M

Comps have been dropping the past few days, but if this manages to do 1M+ in previews, I'd still be impressed

Megalopolis T-1

Tickets sold: 90 (+10)

Growth: 13%

Showtimes: 7

1,11x Speak No Evil (T-1) – 1,1M

3,10x The Substance (T-1) – 1,0M

Average: 1,05M