katnisscinnaplex

Weekend Thread 7/28-7/30 - Barbenheimer Week 2; Barbie 93M/Oppy 46.2M - Haunted Mansion & Talk to Me OW; Mansion 24.2M, Talk 10M

Marvels will decrease but I think it has more potential than people give it credit for. But I'm clearly in the minority who thinks the trailers actually looked decent.

Kamala is a great character even if her show had the typical marvel show issues.

Rambeau on the other hand had probably the worst superhero introduction in all of marvel. She was just a normal character and then she like... Walked through Wanda's barrier and then now she had powers or something? Literally barely a plot point in the show. She was just a side character until they were like... And then she got powers or whatever! Didn't help that that was the moment the show went from incredible to typical marvel cliche.

That said the actual character is fine so hopefully the movie can develop her a bit more.

1 hour ago, Michael Gary Scott said:

I disagree Iman is great and knows more about the MCU than most people on here so I hope the film is a success for her career

I don't know what that has to do with my opinion though. The movie could turn out to be fantastic but the trailer is quite crap in my opinion

28 minutes ago, RRA said:

I’m not on the Marvel train as I used to be, but it’s fascinating how that’s the topic ATM in this thread when otherwise the real ATM stories are Barbenheimer take 2, MI7 underperforming*, a new no1cares Disney release, SOF, etc.

*=Let’s be honest.

Literally this happens every week. Feels like we get forced into MCU discourse whether we all like it or not each and every week week. In 2072, when the last Marvel movie came out 30 years prior, we will still be like, "so, how did y'all think about Phase 4????"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Eric the Hatbox Ghost said:

Literally this happens every week. Feels like we get forced into MCU discourse whether we all like it or not each and every week week. In 2072, when the last Marvel movie came out 30 years prior, we will still be like, "so, how did y'all think about Phase 4????"

This franchise is far from bullet proof, like we’re finally seeing. People thought DC was too big to fail a decade ago, and look where we’re at now. And a decade wasn’t even that long to bring down an entire pop culture staple when you think about it. 

I saw a haunted mansion this afternoon and I really enjoyed it. Tiffany haddish has pretty much irritated the hell out of me and every film that she's in. But I found her really engaging and enjoyable to watch and listen to. In fact all the actors are really good and the story and special effects were all so really good. It's going to be another bomb for Disney unfortunately but hopefully it has decent legs.

• Like 3

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

This franchise is far from bullet proof, like we’re finally seeing. People thought DC was too big to fail a decade ago, and look where we’re at now. And a decade wasn’t even that long to bring down an entire pop culture staple when you think about it. 

f40f47ab-ce75-4f11-8f01-d9aa6ace14b4.jpg

• Like 5

So that Friday number for haunted mansion includes the preview number? So it did something like 6.8 million on friday? That's pretty horrible

• Like 2

1 minute ago, baumer said:

So that Friday number for haunted mansion includes the preview number? So it did something like 6.8 million on friday? That's pretty horrible

I swear there was zero marketing for this movie, but I am told otherwise…

I’ve also decided Disney did this release date to cater to D+ for Halloween season when they should have been catering to theaters for Halloween. Once again, streaming first bites them 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I swear there was zero marketing for this movie, but I am told otherwise…

I’ve also decided Disney did this release date to cater to D+ for Halloween season when they should have been catering to theaters for Halloween. Once again, streaming first bites them 

I guess it depends where you live but there are Haunted Mansion banners literally printed all over the LA area.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, baumer said:

Yeah. I was thinking HM could pass at least 30M but it’s looking closer to 25M. Beyond the Barbie/Oppenheimer of it all, releasing in summer is just insanely boneheaded.

• Like 2