kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers (actuals) | Aug 18 - 20 | 25.0M BLUE BEETLE | 21.1M BARBIE

22 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

This kind of proves that Latinos don't really care about representation right? At least just not "we're supporting anything that represents us" unless it's in idk a Marvel movie or something.

No this doesn't prove that at all. Most of us do care, but we aren't going to go watch a cbm for a dying IP on the way out. Very strange conclusion you are trying to jump to.

Edited by DisposedData

7 minutes ago, El Gato said:

Yeah make a strong Batman film, introduce Robin (spinoff into Nightwing), introduce a new Robin (spinoff into Red Hood), introduce Batgirl (spin off into a REAL version of BOP), build a Suicide Squad off of the captured Batman villains in Arkham… Joker and Harley could even have their own Bonnie and Clyde type of film and Catwoman could get a proper film this time! Plus a Batman Beyond film with Keaton and Pfeifer returning…  

You can still do Superman and Wonder Woman at lower budgets and I’d try a Teen Titans film as well but after the performances of Green Lantern, Flash, Shazam, Blue Beetle, Black Adam, Constantine…etc the B-listers and below should be off the bench. No more shared universes either 

You could make a movie all about the creation of ACE Chemicals and let the Oscars roll in :ohmygod:

10 minutes ago, El Gato said:

Yeah make a strong Batman film, introduce Robin (spinoff into Nightwing), introduce a new Robin (spinoff into Red Hood), introduce Batgirl (spin off into a REAL version of BOP), build a Suicide Squad off of the captured Batman villains in Arkham… Joker and Harley could even have their own Bonnie and Clyde type of film and Catwoman could get a proper film this time! Plus a Batman Beyond film with Keaton and Pfeifer returning…  

You can still do Superman and Wonder Woman at lower budgets and I’d try a Teen Titans film as well but after the performances of Green Lantern, Flash, Shazam, Blue Beetle, Black Adam, Constantine…etc the B-listers and below should be off the bench. No more shared universes either 

"Make a Batman shared universe!"

But also

"No more shared universe"

Ok bro

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ringedmortality said:

I think it's perfectly reasonable when the expectation was that this was going to have better walk-ups and do better overall because of the appeal to Latinos.

Latinos are absolutely going to overindex for this. The point is this movie would be even doing worse without the latino factor. That's how badly the DC brand is damaged. Imagine trying to make some culture BS conclusion when you have one of the most damaged brands in all of media being the sole reason for this tanking. It's like Flash taught none of you nothing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DisposedData said:

Encanto was not a bomb, and saying they bombed because of latino leads is a ridiculous notion. These films would all be bombs regardless of the main casts ethnicity.

It did bomb at the box office and all of those films i mentioned starred Latinos so my point still stands. Latinos don’t care about representation so it doesn’t matter if you cast a Latino in the role or not. 

Maybe a Namor film could do numbers? Or a Bane film 

1 minute ago, El Gato said:

It did bomb at the box office and all of those films i mentioned starred Latinos so my point still stands. Latinos don’t care about representation so it doesn’t matter if you cast a Latino in the role or not. 

Maybe a Namor film could do numbers? Or a Bane film 

Latinos absolutely care about representation, they aren't going to go watch films that domt appeal to them majority of those were niche and Encanto absolutely caught on after. Let's also stop pretending Coco doesn't exist

Some of you love to speak for communities you know nothing about. We care about representation does that mean every single film with a latino lead will be watched by Latinos no. The film actually has to have appeal beyond that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ringedmortality said:

Pitt then Smith.

Smith turning down Inception and D'jango has gotta be two of the dumbest rejections of his career, especially since he was starting his decline right around that time.

Wild Wild West over The Matrix #NeverForget

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

"Make a Batman shared universe!"

But also

"No more shared universe"

Ok bro

they’re all Batman characters so it’s not the same thing. Make the BCU happen! lol I don’t care for the concept but it’s the only way DC gets back to being successful 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

This kind of proves that Latinos don't really care about representation right? At least just not "we're supporting anything that represents us" unless it's in idk a Marvel movie or something.

JLo has (usually) been putting butts in seats since years though. 

5 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

This is actually a really good point I haven’t thought about. Superman in recent years has gotten an undeserved rep for being a boring superhero, so MAWS is a good opportunity to create new fans that will wanna see him on the big screen too.

Yeah, I don't think Supes is boring and unrelatable but that he needed the uwufication (in lack of a better term) that MAWS gives him to spell out the appeal for Gen Z. And the thing is, it suits his character VERY WELL. I've always felt the Lois and Clark romance plays more like a female fantasy than a male one and the show is fully capitalizing on that. A bit unsure of how Gunn will handle the characters, though casting Rachel Brosnahan as Lois is a good sign.

It's mind-boggling the success of the original Wonder Woman film didn't lead to a WW animated series for those interested in getting to know her world better. Instead we got what's basically a Harley & Ivy show but then where is Margot Robbie's Harley & Ivy movie?? DC is all over the place with synergy.

2 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

I'm Latino

I am too, and pretending we don't care to see ourselves on screen like any other group is ridiculous. Doesn't mean we are going to watch every single thing starring a latino lead. Do you detract points for every white led movie, women led movie, black led movie that flops and blame it on them not caring about representation? That's how ridiculous you sound.

• Like 1

What's irritating to me, is all we've heard for years is "stop casting minority actors in white roles for the sake of diversity!" And now there's a legitimate minority superhero and nobody supports it. It's extremely annoying.

• Like 2

Just now, ChipDerby said:

What's irritating to me, is all we've heard for years is "stop casting minority actors in white roles for the sake of diversity!" And now there's a legitimate minority superhero and nobody supports it. It's extremely annoying.

Yeah from the most damaged brand in all of media. It's kind of insulting that latinos are expected to prop this film up to success. It wasn't succeeding under any circumstance.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DisposedData said:

I am too, and pretending we don't care to see ourselves on screen like any other group is ridiculous. Doesn't mean we are going to watch every single thing starring a latino lead. Do you detract points for every white led movie, women led movie, black led movie that flops and blame it on them not caring about representation? That's how ridiculous you sound.

1 minute ago, DisposedData said:

Yeah from the most damaged brand in all of media. It's kind of insulting that latinos are expected to prop this film up to success. It wasn't succeeding under any circumstance.

You kinda just sound mad tbh

2 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

You kinda just sound mad tbh

If me pointing out that you are trying to make a disingenuous politically motivated point when there is a much more obvious issue staring right at you then so be it. Don't be a bad faith actor. We aren't dumb, you know exactly what you're doing.

Edited by DisposedData

Just now, ringedmortality said:

Who the hell said that?

56 minutes ago, El Gato said:

Not really Transformers, just the other two. 

This is the 5th Latino led film in a row to bomb! Encanto, ITH, WSS, Rise of the Beasts, Blue Beetle… Snow White is next (Hunger Games count?)! At this point, if I were Hollywood I’d stop casting Latinos as leads  lol we’re box office poison! And Latinos don’t care about representation either so there’s no point 

Right here.

• Haha 1