Issac Newton

Weekend Thread | #FRI - Equalizer $13.1M, Barbie $2.50M, GT $1.56M, Beetle $1.52M, Opp $1.32M, TMNT $1.04M

Very happy for Denzel.  Before the "Equalizer" Trilogy, he never did a sequel and still generated over 3 Billion at the Worldwide Box office with a lot of dramas in there mostly. He's worked with Spike Lee and Tony Scott the most throughout this run.  I'm happy he has a successful Trilogy now.   I remember when "Equalizer" and "John Wick" came out  in 2014.  I very please with both franchises.  I still can't believe "Gladiator 2" is really happening and Denzel is going to be in it.  But yes Denzel is one of the last real Stars we have left.  He's always been a very consistent draw.  He has a sweet spot for Fall and Winter time too.   

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Eric McCall said:

Glad to see I was wrong and this has become the 2nd biggest A24 movie ever. It is a shame The Nun is coming this Thursday or else it could have made a run for the 50M DOM total.

44 minutes ago, Eric McCall said:

OS markets really let this one down. Is 200M still possible WW? Either way a sequel still seems like a good idea. The potential for growth is big with people discovering this movie in streaming services for the next 3-4 years.

2 minutes ago, Eric McCall said:

Nothing is more reliable at the box office than Denzel beating people up. Hopefully legs are as good as the last 2 times and it gets to 100M DOM total again.

1 minute ago, Eric McCall said:

This one deserved way more love. It is a great movie but not even strong WOM is bringing people to theaters. Such a shame.