Issac Newton

Weekend Thread | #FRI - Equalizer $13.1M, Barbie $2.50M, GT $1.56M, Beetle $1.52M, Opp $1.32M, TMNT $1.04M

28 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Accountant x2 (haven't seen it)

I have seen the last 5 minutes of The Accountant roughly 50+ times. All I know is that it ends with the dogs playing poker painting.

Ana Kendrick was once confused why The Accountant was trending - it aired before AEW Dynamite almost every week so the fans who watched the last 5 minutes just made it trend every week.

Consecutive days above $1M:

Titanic - 101 days (in 1997, wow!)
Top Gun Maverick - 75 days
Avatar 2, Avengers and Incredibles 2 both had 52 consecutive days 
Force Awakens had 45

Looks like Barbie will also get to 45 consecutive $1M+ days, tying TFA for most days above $1M. Fantastic!  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

EQUALIZER 3, THE (2023)A

early for Sony?

They put out the Gran Turismo score early as well. Seems Sony is only OK with CS going out on Friday if it's good. 😒

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

i am alaska @Eric McCall @WrathOfHan

17x:

Gran Turismo: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Dolby, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby Round 2, Elemental 3D, Elemental Round 2, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Round 4, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Round 3 Dolby, Asteroid City, Asteroid City Round 2, Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken, No Hard Feelings, Barbie, Oppenheimer IMAX 15/70mm, Barbie Round 2 Dolby, The First Slam Dunk, Blue Beetle Dolby

The Marvels: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Dolby, Fast X Dolby, The Little Mermaid IMAX, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby Round 2, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Round 4, Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny Dolby, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One Dolby, No Hard Feelings, Haunted Mansion Dolby, Theater Camp Round 0, Meg 2: The Trench Dolby, Theater Camp, Blue Beetle Dolby

9x:

Trolls Band Together: The Super Mario Bros. Movie Dolby, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby, Elemental Round 2, The Super Mario Bros. Movie Round 2, Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken, Haunted Mansion Dolby, Barbie Round 2 Dolby, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem Dolby, Blue Beetle Dolby

8x:

Wish: The Little Mermaid IMAX, Elemental 3D, Elemental Round 2, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Round 4, Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Haunted Mansion Dolby, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem Dolby

Blue Beetle: Evil Dead Rise, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby Round 2, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Round 3 Dolby, The Super Mario Bros. Movie Round 2, Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken, Barbie, Barbie Round 2 Dolby, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem Dolby

Strays: Cocaine Bear, Evil Dead Rise, Fast X Dolby, You Hurt My Feelings, The Blackening, No Hard Feelings, Meg 2: The Trench Dolby, Shortcomings

6x:

My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3: Asteroid City Round 2, Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken, Barbie, Haunted Mansion Dolby, Blue Beetle Dolby, Strays

5x:

The Nun II: The Blackening, Talk to Me, Meg 2: The Trench Dolby, Blue Beetle Dolby, Strays

4x:

White Bird: Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby, Elemental 3D, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Round 3 Dolby

Oldboy: Sanctuary, Asteroid City Round 2, Nope Round 3 70mm, Inception Round 3 70mm

Migration: The Super Mario Bros. Movie Dolby, The Super Mario Bros. Movie Round 2, Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken, Barbie

Drive-Away Dolls: Asteroid City, Asteroid City Round 2, Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One Dolby, Talk to Me

The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes: Lightyear Dolby, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Round 4, Asteroid City, Barbie Round 2 Dolby

Paw Patrol: The Mighty Movie: Elemental Round 2, Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken, The First Slam Dunk, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem Dolby

Poor Things: Chevalier, Asteroid City Round 2, Theater Camp Round 0, Theater Camp

Dumb Money: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny Dolby, No Hard Feelings, Theater Camp Round 0, Theater Camp

Killers of the Flower Moon: Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One Dolby, Oppenheimer IMAX 15/70mm, Talk to Me, Oppenheimer Round 3 IMAX

Dune: Part Two: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Dolby, Oppenheimer IMAX 15/70mm, Meg 2: The Trench Dolby, Oppenheimer Round 3 IMAX

It Lives Inside: How to Blow Up a Pipeline Round 2, Sanctuary, Talk to Me, Oldboy

The Exorcist: Believer: Oppenheimer IMAX 15/70mm, Talk to Me, Oppenheimer Round 3 IMAX, Strays

Bob Marley: One Love: Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One Dolby, Meg 2: The Trench Dolby, Shortcomings, Strays

Five Nights at Freddy’s: Fast X Dolby, The First Slam Dunk, Oldboy, Strays

The Creator: Oppenheimer IMAX 15/70mm, Oppenheimer Round 3 IMAX, Oldboy, Birth/Rebirth

3x:

Expend4bles: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny Dolby, Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One Dolby, The Blackening
Problemista: You Hurt My Feelings, Past Lives, Talk to Me
The Last Voyage of the Demeter: Transformers: Rise of the Beasts Dolby, Oppenheimer IMAX 15/70mm, Meg 2: The Trench Dolby
Next Goal Wins: Chevalier, Theater Camp Round 0, Theater Camp
The Equalizer 3: Sisu, Meg 2: The Trench Dolby, Oppenheimer Round 3 IMAX
The Color Purple: Barbie, Theater Camp, Birth/Rebirth
Retribution: Meg 2: The Trench Dolby, Oldboy, Birth/Rebirth

2x:

Fantastic Four: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man
Adhira: RRR, RRR Round 2
Challengers: No Hard Feelings, Barbie
Priscilla: Past Lives, Talk to Me
A Haunting in Venice: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny Dolby, Haunted Mansion Dolby
The Holdovers: Oppenheimer IMAX 15/70mm, Theater Camp Round 0
Jules: The First Slam Dunk, Theater Camp
Back on the Strip: The Blackening, Shortcomings
Fremont: Passages, Oppenheimer Round 4 70mm
Wonka: Barbie Round 2 Dolby, Blue Beetle Dolby
The Good Mother: Oldboy, Birth/Rebirth

1x:

MaXXXine: Pearl
The Tunnel of Summer, The Exit of Goodbyes: Skinamarink
Ordinary Angels: Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret
Elio: Elemental 3D
Landscape with Invisible Hand: Asteroid City Round 2
Napoleon: Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One Dolby
The Inventor: Haunted Mansion Dolby
Outlaw Johnny Black: The First Slam Dunk
Camp Hideout: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem Dolby
Ernest & Celestine: A Trip to Gibberitia: Princess Mononoke
Bottoms: Shortcomings
Strange Way of Life: Shortcomings
The Persian Version: Shortcomings
Eileen: Oldboy
Our Father, The Devil: The Adults
Sundance 2023 Shorts Tour: The Adults
The Eternal Memory: The Adults
Don’t Look Away: Birth/Rebirth
Golda: Birth/Rebirth
The Origin of Evil: Birth/Rebirth

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, lilmac said:

Consecutive days above $1M:

Titanic - 101 days (in 1997, wow!)
Top Gun Maverick - 75 days
Avatar 2, Avengers and Incredibles 2 both had 52 consecutive days 
Force Awakens had 45

Looks like Barbie will also get to 45 consecutive $1M+ days, tying TFA for most days above $1M. Fantastic!  

Barbie can have 45 percent drop week-to-week to stay above $1M+ in tuesday. It would 46 day one more than TFA

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I do wonder if Equalizer 3 doing well considering they couldn't use Denzel and Dakota to promote it might give studios food for thought over whether they need to send their actors out on promotional tours for every film. 

It's definitely a case-by-case situation. New IPs obviously require more promo, especially if they star actors with far reaching social media clout. It's difficult to draw any sort of conclusions off this.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

I do wonder if Equalizer 3 doing well considering they couldn't use Denzel and Dakota to promote it might give studios food for thought over whether they need to send their actors out on promotional tours for every film. 

It's the third in a series and it's Denzel.  It sells itself more than the majority of films can.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Blankments said:

i am alaska @Eric McCall @WrathOfHan

17x:

Gran Turismo: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Dolby, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby Round 2, Elemental 3D, Elemental Round 2, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Round 4, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Round 3 Dolby, Asteroid City, Asteroid City Round 2, Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken, No Hard Feelings, Barbie, Oppenheimer IMAX 15/70mm, Barbie Round 2 Dolby, The First Slam Dunk, Blue Beetle Dolby

The Marvels: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Dolby, Fast X Dolby, The Little Mermaid IMAX, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby Round 2, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Round 4, Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny Dolby, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One Dolby, No Hard Feelings, Haunted Mansion Dolby, Theater Camp Round 0, Meg 2: The Trench Dolby, Theater Camp, Blue Beetle Dolby

9x:

Trolls Band Together: The Super Mario Bros. Movie Dolby, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby, Elemental Round 2, The Super Mario Bros. Movie Round 2, Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken, Haunted Mansion Dolby, Barbie Round 2 Dolby, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem Dolby, Blue Beetle Dolby

8x:

Wish: The Little Mermaid IMAX, Elemental 3D, Elemental Round 2, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Round 4, Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Haunted Mansion Dolby, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem Dolby

Blue Beetle: Evil Dead Rise, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby Round 2, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Round 3 Dolby, The Super Mario Bros. Movie Round 2, Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken, Barbie, Barbie Round 2 Dolby, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem Dolby

Strays: Cocaine Bear, Evil Dead Rise, Fast X Dolby, You Hurt My Feelings, The Blackening, No Hard Feelings, Meg 2: The Trench Dolby, Shortcomings

6x:

My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3: Asteroid City Round 2, Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken, Barbie, Haunted Mansion Dolby, Blue Beetle Dolby, Strays

5x:

The Nun II: The Blackening, Talk to Me, Meg 2: The Trench Dolby, Blue Beetle Dolby, Strays

4x:

White Bird: Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby, Elemental 3D, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Round 3 Dolby

Oldboy: Sanctuary, Asteroid City Round 2, Nope Round 3 70mm, Inception Round 3 70mm

Migration: The Super Mario Bros. Movie Dolby, The Super Mario Bros. Movie Round 2, Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken, Barbie

Drive-Away Dolls: Asteroid City, Asteroid City Round 2, Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One Dolby, Talk to Me

The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes: Lightyear Dolby, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Round 4, Asteroid City, Barbie Round 2 Dolby

Paw Patrol: The Mighty Movie: Elemental Round 2, Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken, The First Slam Dunk, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem Dolby

Poor Things: Chevalier, Asteroid City Round 2, Theater Camp Round 0, Theater Camp

Dumb Money: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny Dolby, No Hard Feelings, Theater Camp Round 0, Theater Camp

Killers of the Flower Moon: Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One Dolby, Oppenheimer IMAX 15/70mm, Talk to Me, Oppenheimer Round 3 IMAX

Dune: Part Two: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Dolby, Oppenheimer IMAX 15/70mm, Meg 2: The Trench Dolby, Oppenheimer Round 3 IMAX

It Lives Inside: How to Blow Up a Pipeline Round 2, Sanctuary, Talk to Me, Oldboy

The Exorcist: Believer: Oppenheimer IMAX 15/70mm, Talk to Me, Oppenheimer Round 3 IMAX, Strays

Bob Marley: One Love: Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One Dolby, Meg 2: The Trench Dolby, Shortcomings, Strays

Five Nights at Freddy’s: Fast X Dolby, The First Slam Dunk, Oldboy, Strays

The Creator: Oppenheimer IMAX 15/70mm, Oppenheimer Round 3 IMAX, Oldboy, Birth/Rebirth

Reveal hidden contents

@WrathOfHan *cracks fingers*

9x:

The Marvels: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Toy Story, Theater Camp, Frozen, Haunted Mansion, American Graffitti, Beauty and the Beast, Bottoms

7x:

Gran Turismo: Blackberry, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse, Elemental, Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny, Barbie, Oppenheimer, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem

The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes: Lightyear, Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, Asteroid City, Joy Ride, Haunted Mansion, Blue Beetle

6x:

Strays: Cocaine Bear, Evil Dead Rise, Fast X, No Hard Feelings, Joy Ride, Theater Camp

Wish: Elemental, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Toy Story, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem, Frozen, Beauty and the Beast

5x:

Blue Beetle: The Super Mario Bros. Movie, How to Blow Up a Pipeline, Evil Dead Rise, Barbie, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem

Dune: Part Two: Fast X, Oppenheimer, Oppenheimer Round 2, Haunted Mansion, Blue Beetle

4x:

Expend4bles: The Blackening, Joy Ride, American Graffitti, Bottoms

The Exorcist: Believer: Oppenheimer, Oppenheimer Round 2, Talk to Me, The Last Voyage of the Demeter

The Color Purple: The Little Mermaid, Barbie, Theater Camp, Bottoms

3x:

Spoiler

My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny, Asteroid City, Barbie

The Nun II: The Boogeyman, Talk to Me, The Last Voyage of the Demeter

The Creator: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny, Oppenheimer, Oppenheimer Round 2

The Holdovers: Oppenheimer, Oppenheimer Round 2, Theater Camp

Trolls Band Together: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem, Haunted Mansion, Blue Beetle

Poor Things: Talk to Me, Theater Camp, The Last Voyage of the Demeter

Migration: The Super Mario Bros. Movie, Barbie, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem

Challengers: No Hard Feelings, Joy Ride, Barbie

White Bird: Thor: Love and Thunder, Are You There God? It's Me Margaret, The Little Mermaid

2x:

Spoiler

Killers of the Flower Moon: Oppenheimer, Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One

Ordinary Angels: Are You There God? It's Me Margaret, Theater Camp

Five Nights at Freddy's: Fast X, The Boogeyman, The Last Voyage of the Demeter, Bottoms

Priscilla: Past Lives, Talk to Me

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom: Uncharted, The Batman

Drive-Away Dolls: Past Lives, Asteroid City

Elio: Frozen, Beauty and the Beast

Ordinary Angels: Are You There God? It's Me Margaret, Theater Camp

Problemista: Past Lives, Talk to Me

1x:

Spoiler

Back on the Strip: Past Lives

Landscape with Invisible Hand: Asteroid City

The Hill: Haunted Mansion

The Equalizer 3: Oppenheimer Round 2, The Last Voyage of the Demeter, American Graffitti

A Haunting in Venice: Haunted Mansion

Camp Hideout: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem

Dumb Money: No Hard Feelings

Paw Patrol: The Mighty Movie: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem

Saw X: Talk to Me

Next Goal Wins: Blue Beetle

Napoleon: Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One

Wonka: Blue Beetle

Bob Marley: One Love: Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One

The Unbreakable Boy: King Richard

• Like 1

I've just realised I have never seen a single trailer for The Marvels in cinema. I dunno if my local Cineworld is just crap like that, but even at the Westfield Stratford Vue, where I've also seen a few movies recently (including superhero flicks), never once got a trailer for it.

Weird.

3 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

I've just realised I have never seen a single trailer for The Marvels in cinema. I dunno if my local Cineworld is just crap like that, but even at the Westfield Stratford Vue, where I've also seen a few movies recently (including superhero flicks), never once got a trailer for it.

Weird.

I keep getting it because I'm going to all the Disney 100 re-releases, so I'm always getting the same three trailers of Wish, The Marvels, and Elio/Haunted Mansion. I always go on the weekdays in the smallest auditoriums, so there's few people anyways, but The Marvels trailer always lands like a thud, because the rest of the crowd are 5 year olds whose likely only exposure to Marvel is the Disney Junior Spider-Man cartoon. :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Denzel has comfortably been at the stage of his career where he hasn't (nor does he need to) really worked the promo circuit for quite a while, so him doing no promo for this was never going to have a negative consequences. As was mentioned above, it's a case-by-case basis for every movie. That's why both of Zendaya's films were moved to next year and why Lionsgate just removed Ordinary Angels from the schedule until whenever the strikes are over (Swank apparently wants to promote it) while all their franchise titles are staying put.

• Like 1

Since it's a weekend for male 13-45 openers, I finally watched GOTG 3 on D+.  2nd best super of the year, but WAY behind Spidey.  Serviceable, smaller story and decent quality - B work.  But nothing outstanding.  The worst parts were Mantis/Drax/Nebula's three-some, especially the wildly out of character move for Mantis in the "Idiot" scene,  The best parts were Rocket and his friends - by far.  I also didn't love Starlord's pining, but did like his motivation to save Rocket.  And I didn't love the High Evolutionary.

Now, maybe my one non-watched super (Flash) is better, but I doubt it.