Issac Newton

Weekend Thread | #FRI - Equalizer $13.1M, Barbie $2.50M, GT $1.56M, Beetle $1.52M, Opp $1.32M, TMNT $1.04M

19 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Willow's Daytime Emmy nominations are for Red Table Talk, not for acting. A person can be a good talk show host but terrible at acting (Kelly Clarkson).

When Willow was much younger Will planned for the Annie remake to be a star vehicle for Willow. She aged out of the role and since then her filmography only has a few voiceover roles. Willow seems much more interested in music but on her own terms.

Jaden had some talent at acting as a kid (very natural in The Pursuit of Happyness and Karate Kid was a hit) but After Earth was beyond his abilities and that was the end of his "leading man" push.

Will and Jada came up because I was replying to a post that said Denzel would never help JDW get cast in The Piano Lesson if he didn't think his son had the talent for it. Maybe he'll get nominated for the movie, maybe not: we'll see.

Anyway, I was pointing out how the Smiths are big stars who pushed their kids into the limelight at young ages, and into a field (acting) they ultimately lacked much interest in pursuing...and where Jaden won Worst Actor at the Razzies as a teenager. The Razzies are terrible, but a lot of A-listers shield their kids from limelight and bar them from professional gigs until they're adults to protect them the scrutiny.

To be clear, I didn't say it's something Denzel would never do. I don't know Denzel. Lol I said I don't think he would and that's based on how he's conducted himself not just as an actor but as a director and producer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Willow's Daytime Emmy nominations are for Red Table Talk, not for acting. A person can be a good talk show host but terrible at acting (Kelly Clarkson).

When Willow was much younger Will planned for the Annie remake to be a star vehicle for Willow. She aged out of the role and since then her filmography only has a few voiceover roles. Willow seems much more interested in music but on her own terms.

Jaden had some talent at acting as a kid (very natural in The Pursuit of Happyness and Karate Kid was a hit) but After Earth was beyond his abilities and that was the end of his "leading man" push.

Will and Jada came up because I was replying to a post that said Denzel would never help JDW get cast in The Piano Lesson if he didn't think his son had the talent for it. Maybe he'll get nominated for the movie, maybe not: we'll see.

Anyway, I was pointing out how the Smiths are big stars who pushed their kids into the limelight at young ages, and into a field (acting) they ultimately lacked much interest in pursuing...and where Jaden won Worst Actor at the Razzies as a teenager. The Razzies are terrible, but a lot of A-listers shield their kids from limelight and bar them from professional gigs until they're adults to protect them the scrutiny.

Being somebody's kid might get your foot in the door, but if you do not have the talent you will not last long.

I am sure being the daughter of Judy Garland and Vincent Minelli got Liza Minelli  into a few auditions,

ibut if she had not had the talent, she never would have  became the huge star she became.

Yeah, Will Smith pretty much showed how  nepotism can backfire and hurt your kid.

Of course wierd things happens. People only occasionally remember that Elizabeth Olsen is the kid sister of the Olsen twins so huge in the 90's.

• Like 1