kayumanggi

THE WILD ROBOT | 09.27.2024 | Universal | Chris Sanders to direct | official trailer 2 on page 7

1 hour ago, WebSurfer said:

Wonder how many of the viewings will be students on field trips from their schools. 

I saw Narnia 2 and 3 on school field trips.  That was it for theaters.

18 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Nice he moved on October 18th , the same date of Smile 2 , one week before Venom 3

PS : I don't see it was the UK trailer LOL

Edited by Grand Cine

I don't think I've ever seen a major studio so invested in pushing its animated movie as a prestige release before this one. Ten screenings at TIFF, multiple other festival selections afterward, a "best dreamworks movie ever" pullquote long before the embargoes lift, at this point it better be legit.

• Like 1

I still haven't seen these trailers in full, I've been waiting to see it on the big screen! I may go to the Twisters 4DX rerelease on the 30th, maybe it's there.

I love so many Dreamworks movies, from (Well, the first 2) Kung Fu Panda movies, to Puss in Boots 2, to the ones that play with medium and visuals like Captain Underpants and Bad Guys.

I have high hopes!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Human said:

Dreamworks has always been really hit or miss.  Hopefully this is a huge hit like Kung Fu Panda and Rise of the Guardians.

Hate to break it to you but Rise was not a big hit. It made 103 DOM on a 145 m budget. It saved a little face overseas doing 203 m though.

33 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Hate to break it to you but Rise was not a big hit. It made 103 DOM on a 145 m budget. It saved a little face overseas doing 203 m though.

I was not saying it was a box office success.  I was saying it was an award winning film that everybody who saw it loved it.  It made many Dreamworks haters change their mind.

I remember when it bombed badly at the box office.  It lost 87 million dollars, as it had this awful and expensive marketing campaign.  Those ads were everywhere and I would always look around to see everybody looking in disgust with bad memories of The Santa Clause 3.  It jump started a period where Dreamworks was making box office failure after failure until Home ended the run and ruined all the Dreamworks obituaries.