XXR vs XXR

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

1 hour ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

Honestly, this discussion about Marvel's Avengers and Ms. Marvel's role in the game is a great honeypot for figuring out who's discussing Marvel content in good faith.

Ms. Marvel and the Kamala Khan's story is admittedly the strongest aspect of the game. 

So true. The moment I see somebody saying that the game failed because of Ms. Marvel I tune out whatever else they have to say. Same goes for those who say her comic keeps getting "cancelled". Just a bad faith argument from a person who has no clue what the comic book market looks like nowadays.

Actually, thinking about the Venom thing...there was a symbiote scrap at the time end, and Mac Gargan was Venom for a while in the comics. In a story that could be worked into the Devil's Reign type thing they're allegedly doing in 4, with Osborn being replaced with Fisk...it wouldn't be Hardy but it could work.

1 minute ago, Bob Train said:

They don't hate her but they don't love her either. Audiences are indifferent to her character.

The general audience hasn't even given her a chance if we look at the streaming numbers and box office of Ms. Marvel and The Marvels.

1 minute ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

I mean, we've known Wolverine is in Deadpool 3 for years, so it's not like they've been hiding their impending inclusion.

They have not been hiding it,..hrll Feige made it clear the day the Fox Deal wne thruogh he would bring the X men into the MCU eventurallly..... but I wold bet a lot the making of the actual movies has been moved ahead on the schedule.

Disney really fucked up with that whole DeSantis thing. Between that, all their studios losing quality,and  Disney plus re-training most of the general audience, they really have the perfect shit-storm of loss audience and it might take years to win most of them back.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DInky said:

Reading a quote like that from Iger sadly makes me think that they really are giving up on characters like Kamala on film.

If they had a message, they should have been trying to conceal it in an actual story to begin with. Instead they went ham fisted with it. Lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Disney really fucked up with that whole DeSantis thing. Between that, all their studios losing quality,and  Disney plus re-training most of the general audience, they really have the perfect shit-storm of loss audience and it might take years to win most of them back.

RIght wing crap.

I know you are a DeSantis supporter, but his white house bid has been in free fall for along time.

24 minutes ago, DInky said:

Reading a quote like that from Iger sadly makes me think that they really are giving up on characters like Kamala on film.

Spoken like a true king, they should focus on the quality in their products and not in the current social agenda

Edited by Belakor

7 hours ago, DInky said:

They're just trying to hide the fact that they themselves hate the character and the actress simply because she's a brown Muslim girl.

I'm a black Muslim woman. Try again. Stunningly bizarre to see someone assume that I don't want to see positive portrayals of brown and black Muslim girls on television and in movies because I accurately point out that the audience is completely indifferent to the Ms Marvel character in live action. Stop assuming everyone is a secret bigot. You don't know me. 

Edited by Zak

54 minutes ago, dudalb said:

RIght wing crap.

I know you are a DeSantis supporter, but his white house bid has been in free fall for along time.

No clue where you got that from when I'm a proud Democrat and have voted for the Democratic nominee in every election since I was old enough to vote.

It's clear as day and Bob Iger has even said as much that waddling into politics was a bad move for his predecessor/former successor. Disney played in the mud with the pigs and just got dirty. I'm sure other CEOs took notice of the backlash to Disney and have learned from it.

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 1