filmlover

Wolfs | 9/20/2024 | Apple | George Clooney, Brad Pitt | Jon Watts directs | Now a limited release

I don't expect this to be particularly bad, but it wouldn't surprise me if its the laziest movie of the year

Honestly, this looks fun and I do think Watts is a bit more of an interesting filmmaker than people give him credit for, but like the 4 other movies these dudes co-starred in were masterpieces. Have a hard time seeing this being anywhere as good.

On 7/23/2024 at 3:20 PM, Taylor89 said:

This should have gone straight to apple..i don't think it can do well on theaters.

Well, that's what they're gonna do. I can't believe a movie with Pitt and Clooney is going almost straight to streaming. Must be real bad (i don't buy the sequel talk)

Yeah, right!

Sources said Wolfs is a crowd pleaser that has tested strongly, but this was felt the best strategy to ensure the biggest audience for a star driven film on the Apple TV+ streaming site.

Edited by Maggie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bruh they got scared 😂😂

Gotta say I'm surprised with how things have gone between Apple and Amazon regarding theatrical. For some reason I believed Apple would have a better way and have more commitment but it has been the complete opposite, specially after the new article today about the huge effort Amazon MGM will be putting into theatrical per year starting in 2027 specially.

Tracking must have been horrific on it. I will say the trailer landed with a total thud. Why is it that so many of the movies by streamer viscerally give off "watch this on streaming" aura even when they're planned for theatrical?

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Well, that's what they're gonna do. I can't believe a movie with Pitt and Clooney is going almost straight to streaming. Must be real bad (i don't buy the sequel talk)

Yeah, right!

I don't think it's a bad movie and I think it will be successful on apple. I think it's mostly because of Pitt rep now and clooney talking sht about Biden. 

1 hour ago, Cmasterclay said:

Tracking must have been horrific on it. I will say the trailer landed with a total thud. Why is it that so many of the movies by streamer viscerally give off "watch this on streaming" aura even when they're planned for theatrical?

But It was Pitt and Clooney desire not apple..

And some are going to be mad at me but Clooney is totally washed up. No one cares about him. Pitt is still a big name who can attract people attention but he's not in a good position either.

Edited by Taylor89
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1