movies!movies!

The Strangers: Chapter 1 | Lionsgate | May 17, 2024

I like the poster and I like the trailer too.

So it’s not a remake but it looks like a prequel. But incredibly similar. 

Definitely seeing it, but I’m not sure how appealing it’ll be if it looks like another go round of the same. 

as far as I'm aware the only thing special about the original strangers is that it made 9x its budget, apart from that, is there anything that makes it "deserving" of this treatment (a movie every 4 months)?

yeah yeah, deserves got nothing to do with it, but why I spend this gimmick on something as seemingly as unremarkable as the strangers franchise

Or is the unremarkableness the point and this is just more of an experiment than anything else

15 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

as far as I'm aware the only thing special about the original strangers is that it made 9x its budget, apart from that, is there anything that makes it "deserving" of this treatment (a movie every 4 months)?

yeah yeah, deserves got nothing to do with it, but why I spend this gimmick on something as seemingly as unremarkable as the strangers franchise

Or is the unremarkableness the point and this is just more of an experiment than anything else

Most likely has a super low ass budget, so it doesn't really matter

Posted (edited)

Why are they treating this sequel like mega event? If your movie is not based on a super long book, you shouldn't be allowed split movies into two parts. The whole 2 parts for one movie has become lazy cash grabs from studios.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

On 5/8/2024 at 8:46 PM, Mojoguy said:

Why are they treating this sequel like mega event? If your movie is not based on a super long book, you shouldn't be allowed split movies into two parts. The whole 2 parts for one movie has become lazy cash grabs from studios.

It's three movies that were shot at once in this case, not dissimilar to how X and Pearl were filmed back-to-back. These movies were likely also extremely cheap to make, so there's not going to be any major loss on them should they not do well.