Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Xmas Day #s - Purple 18.1, Aqua 10.6, Wonka 10.3, Boys 5.7, Migration 5.4, Ferrari 2.9 | #BlackGirlMagic dominates the charts

2 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

But is it worth premium price to see in theaters for a family of 3+?

It's getting harder to justify for families when there are similar films like Leo (another recent heartfelt animated film with talking animals) available for free at home.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

Regal is running a family ticket promotion now (4 tickets all at children's prices, R rated movies excluded) but there still has to be at least 4 people and two kids under 12, which doesn’t cover every family situation. It's a start, though still not cheaper than staying home for streaming.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

I bet many families are waiting for Discount Tues. My nearest Regal has $5 a ticket for every movie EXCEPT for TCP. Wonka, Migration, and Aqua should benefit tremendously.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, Giorno said:

i mean your local area isn't necessarily representative of all of USA and CAN

Okay but even multiple people on this forum have reported similar things regarding this movie. Don't get me wrong, $16M is still a good number, especially for a film of this kind, but I expected closer to $20M, especially after watching walkups help Aquabro and Migration exceed projections. 

3 minutes ago, dallas said:

Okay but even multiple people on this forum have reported similar things regarding this movie. Don't get me wrong, $16M is still a good number, especially for a film of this kind, but I expected closer to $20M, especially after watching walkups help Aquabro and Migration exceed projections. 

From what I noticed, a lot of the areas where it was selling well were urban metros, which points to it's prospective audience being smaller than your typical blockbuster.

Add in the capacity constraints, and it's not hard to see it not reaching the numbers previously mentioned in tracking. Still a very good opening mind you

9 minutes ago, HowSway said:

From what I noticed, a lot of the areas where it was selling well were urban metros, which points to it's prospective audience being smaller than your typical blockbuster.

Add in the capacity constraints, and it's not hard to see it not reaching the numbers previously mentioned in tracking. Still a very good opening mind you

I suspect business is pretty light at the Casper, Wyoming movie theaters

Edited by AniNate