Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Xmas Day #s - Purple 18.1, Aqua 10.6, Wonka 10.3, Boys 5.7, Migration 5.4, Ferrari 2.9 | #BlackGirlMagic dominates the charts

Looks like great walk-ups for both movies, considering how the tracking had them both a lot lower than those numbers. Migration pulling about 60% of Trolls Band Together's previews is particularly impressive, since it's an original film and not a second sequel, so I wonder if that means $15-20M for the weekend is possible? I guess we'll see if WOM slows Aquaman down though (currently at 77% verified on RT...and usually these movies drop from here). 

Looked at showtimes in my area for Anyone But You and was also pleasantly surprised to see that there seem to be more tickets sold for tonight already than there were for Thursday previews this time yesterday. Hoping that one can exceed expectations and reach $7-9M for the weekend for a leggy run from there.

Edited by JonathanMB

General audiences did not like Aquaman 2 with 3 stars last night, and that’s the time when the big fans shows up. Ugh. However, parents gave it 5 stars and kids under 12 gave it 4 stars, so perhaps they save this movie in the end.

13 minutes ago, Ezen Baklattan said:

Does Porthos have a deal with the devil or something? Damn…

He doesn’t call it Dark Magic for nothin..

• Like 2

Just now, Starphanluke said:

Were the expectations for Aquaman so low that suddenly this is a good number? It's still heading for a rough opening weekend, whether it's just above Blue Beetle or not. Especially with those legitimately awful audience scores. 

Yes they were very low. Christmas legs can still take it over 100m too even with the audience scores…so I guess it won’t be quite the Marvels or Shazam?