Issac Newton

Weekdays Thread | #WED - Mean Girls $1.4M &Beekeeper $1.1M

Rewind - $599K until Tuesday

At Philippines, "Rewind" reached ₱815M by Wednesday (15:00 PHT), making it the -

• Highest Grossing Filipino Film, defeating both "The Hows Of Us" (₱668M) &"Hello, Love, Goodbye" (₱691M).
  • Highest Grossing MMFF Title, defeating 2018 record of "Fantastica" (₱596M).
  • 1st Filipino Film to exceed ₱700M &₱800M Box Office.
  • Post CoVid-19 Highest Grossing Film.
  • 3rd Highest Grossing Film, just behind "Avengers: Endgame" (₱1,733M) &"Avengers: Infinity War" (₱1,223M).

Global Box Office reached ₱845M! Only a matter of time, to take down "Hello, Love, Goodbye" (₱881M)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Have these two movies discount Tuesday?

These are good holds for Mean Girls and The Beekeeper, right?

Edited by Kon

Seems like ABY is having a harsher drop than Wonka this week. With much of the continent covered in snow last weekend/these past few days, I could see drops being really, REALLY good this weekend.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Seems like ABY is having a harsher drop than Wonka this week. With much of the continent covered in snow last weekend/these past few days, I could see drops being really, REALLY good this weekend.

That would be sweet, but at least here in the Chicago area we are still stuck in the freezer, though not as badly as last weekend. Looking at lows between -5 and 5 (Fahrenheit) and highs of 17 to 19 for the weekend. Snow shouldn’t be an issue at least but the cold is stressing everyone.

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

Noooo ABY may be the only interesting box office run we have for months, it needs to be legs central 

4 hours ago, DAJK said:

Mean Girls is targeting the same demographics I guess.

3 hours ago, KP1025 said:

Migration staying flat with last week.

Migration Universal $614,485 -73% -1% 3,224 $191 $88,722,690

This should clear any doubt of its 100m chance. And strangely Migration didn't receive a lot of critics attention. Only 82 reviews on RT. Kind of low for 100m grosser.  

15 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

This should clear any doubt of its 100m chance. And strangely Migration didn't receive a lot of critics attention. Only 82 reviews on RT. Kind of low for 100m grosser.  

It all goes back to everything about it seeming so low key, especially for Illumiation. But hey, they probably saved a lot on marketing and with a cheap budget too, it is gonna be a win for them even with a “low” gross. So good for them. 

4 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

It all goes back to everything about it seeming so low key, especially for Illumiation. But hey, they probably saved a lot on marketing and with a cheap budget too, it is gonna be a win for them even with a “low” gross. So good for them. 

I mean, it definitely is low. It’s literally the lowest grossing animated Illumination film and the second-lowest ever (ahead of Hop) even with the holidays and the lack of competition. Okay-ish profit, but I highly doubt they skimped on marketing based on all I saw. No crazy holiday legs or “Illumination brand” halo for the film.

The bright side is that it shows that not even Illumination can do big numbers with a mediocre original animated film post-pandemic. They’ll actually have to try outside of their IPs.

Edited by Speedorito

3 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

I mean, it definitely is low. It’s literally the lowest grossing animated Illumination film and the second-lowest ever (ahead of Hop) even with the holidays and the lack of competition. Okay-ish profit, but I highly doubt they skimped on marketing based on all I saw. No crazy holiday legs or “Illumination brand” halo for the film.

The bright side is that it shows that not even Illumination can do big numbers with a mediocre original animated film post-pandemic. They’ll actually have to try outside of their IPs.

Migration isn't mediocre. 73% fresh on RT and audience give it a A