Matthew McConaughey

Lupita Nyong'o

Al Pacino

Michelle Pfeiffer

Ke Huy Quan

Sam Rockwell

Michelle Yeoh

Zendaya

2024 Oscars Presenters Announced: Zendaya, Michelle Yeoh (variety.com)

Edited by filmlover

The high amount of previous winners in the first announcement is giving off the impression that they plan to bring back the "5 previous winners present the acting categories" thing they did for the 2008 and 2009 ceremonies. Though they've also been leaning in on reuniting stars many decades later in recent years. Pacino and Pfeiffer are likely presenting together for the Scarface reunion.

McConaughey is totally presenting Director for an Interstellar reunion when Nolan wins, isn't he?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, filmlover said:

This will be the week the details about the ceremony (presenters, performers, etc.) will come pouring in. The Daily Mail got word the other day that Gosling in fact will be performing "I'm Just Ken" but no one else has confirmed it yet. Mark Ronson a few weeks ago said it was "Ryan or no one" so...

Ryan Gosling WILL perform I'm Just Ken live at Oscars next month following Barbie nomination snubs controversy, source reveals | Daily Mail Online

Confirmed:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The high amount of previous winners in the first announcement is giving off the impression that they plan to bring back the "5 previous winners present the acting categories" thing they did for the 2008 and 2009 ceremonies. Though they've also been leaning in on reuniting stars many decades later in recent years. Pacino and Pfeiffer are likely presenting together for the Scarface reunion.

McConaughey is totally presenting Director for an Interstellar reunion when Nolan wins, isn't he?

Or Best Picture. Would be cool as hell to see Matthew hand that award to Nolan and his wife Emma. 

I am wondering if last year’s Best Director duo will handle the Director category. They are big Nolan fans and did a recent Q&A thing with him where they said he was a major influence on their filmmaking. 

The other Best Director guys that would be appropriate are George Lucas, Steve Spielberg, Michael Mann, or Ridley Scott. All of these guys had a big impact on Nolan and I’m sure he would love to be on stage with them. 

24 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

The other Best Director guys that would be appropriate are George Lucas, Steve Spielberg, Michael Mann, or Ridley Scott. All of these guys had a big impact on Nolan and I’m sure he would love to be on stage with them. 

Lucas, Spielberg, and Coppola already did a joint presentation for Best Director to Marty for The Departed so I doubt they'll come back for another "coronation" so to speak.

• Like 1

Glenn Close was originally going to present Best Picture last year alongside Ford until she wasn't able to because of COVID. Wondering if they'll make it up to her by inviting her to be the one who gets to hand the Oppenheimer team their award, assuming she'll be available.

18 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Lucas, Spielberg, and Coppola already did a joint presentation for Best Director to Marty for The Departed so I doubt they'll come back for another "coronation" so to speak.

Del Toro or Iñárritu would be good ones. I know they are big fans of Nolan & the Oppy film. They’ve both done Q&A stuff with Nolan through the years. 

23 hours ago, filmlover said:

Yep.

Oscars: Past Winners Will Introduce Each Acting Nominee (Exclusive)

The Academy is bringing back a hugely popular format that it first and last tried at the Oscars ceremony held 15 years ago.

2024 Oscars: Past Winners Will Introduce Each Acting Nominee (hollywoodreporter.com)

Well, at least we know they truly don't give a crap about not padding the show out. :lol:

It would be reasonable to assume that part of the reason they're starting an hour earlier than normal this year is because of ABC breathing down their necks to finally end it on time but they're actually debuting a new episode of Abbott Elementary afterwards. Wouldn't be surprised if the crossover has given the cast of that series tickets to the event.

44 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Well, at least we know they truly don't give a crap about not padding the show out. :lol:

It would be reasonable to assume that part of the reason they're starting an hour earlier than normal this year is because of ABC breathing down their necks to finally end it on time but they're actually debuting a new episode of Abbott Elementary afterwards. Wouldn't be surprised if the crossover has given the cast of that series tickets to the event.

It would be nice if they could finish the show on time. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Morieris said:

Have we now.

The format definitely has supporters among awards fans. I am not one of them, they can leave the gushy actor tributes to lifetime achievement awards and film festivals.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Like 2

The Brutally Honest ballots are back.

Brutally Honest Oscar Ballot No. 1: 'Zone of Interest' Is Best Picture, but Nolan Is Best Director (hollywoodreporter.com)

My favorite takeaway:

I was torn between [Poor Things’] Mark Ruffalo and [Oppenheimer’s] Robert Downey Jr., and even though it’s cheesy I’ll be real with you: I met Downey at an awards season party, we had an interaction that I did not initiate, and it tipped the scales for me. Campaigning matters! (Laughs.) What’s really great about him as an actor, in this film and so many others, is his ability to be believable all the time. I loved watching him turn as the story turned on Strauss.

Olivia Wilde GIFs | Tenor

More presenters announced:

Bad Bunny

Chris Hemsworth

Dwayne Johnson

Michael Keaton

Regina King

Jennifer Lawrence

Kate McKinnon

Rita Moreno

John Mulaney

Catherine O'Hara

Octavia Spencer

Ramy Youssef

2024 Oscars Presenters Include Bad Bunny, Jennifer Lawrence (hollywoodreporter.com)

Edited by filmlover

On 2/29/2024 at 8:50 AM, filmlover said:

Diane Warren has to be a masochist to continue attending these ceremonies where she has no chance to win right?

2 years ago she looked fully broken when she lost and last year she couldn't even bring herself to applaud for the winner. She needs a good campaign machine behind her in a year where she gets nominated for a movie which actually exists.