Eric Prime

Weekend Thread | Argylle 1.7 Previews

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

If Ghostbusters 5 does go under $100m, it’s time to bring back the girls. 

Logo GIF by Ghostbusters

That'd be financial suicide. I know this community is very defensive of this reboot, but the matter is, everyone just shrugged it off when it was released and forgot about it. A sequel to that would make less worldwide than Afterlife did in its domestic opening weekend alone. Sony went back to the original continuity for the exact same reason Paramount redid Sonic's design: it just made business sense. It's not a "cowardly move to appease the nasty fans". It wasn't just the fans that felt, at best, apathetic towards it, you know.

At least now I know the Frozen Empire weekend thread is going to be insufferable if it even slightly underperforms, so I'll be ready for that scenario if it comes to pass. And at least Goji will be here the week after to cleanse this board.

Edited by BadOlCatSylvester
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Technically, $80M OW would be "surprising" b/c tracking has it from $50-$75M OW...and $200M would be "surprising" b/c tracking has it from $125-$195M...

Then again, I think Dune 2 will be surprising...

That's not tracking, that's box office pro predictions. I respect Shawn and maybe this ends up being correct, but I don't think it's fair to call everyone else's numbers as predictions, and theirs as tracking.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

That'd be financial suicide. I know this community is very defensive of this reboot, but the matter is, everyone just shrugged it off when it was released and forgot about it. A sequel to that would make less worldwide than Afterlife did in its domestic opening weekend alone. Sony went back to the original continuity for the exact same reason Paramount redid Sonic's design: it just made business sense. It's not a "cowardly move to appease the nasty fans". It wasn't just the fans that felt, at best, apathetic towards it, you know.

At least now I know the Frozen Empire weekend thread is going to be insufferable if it even slightly underperforms, so I'll be ready for that scenario if it comes to pass. And at least Goji will be here the week after to cleanse this board.

Okay.