kayumanggi

INSIDE OUT II | 958.1M overseas | 1596.0M worldwide

52 minutes ago, Han134 said:

Well, that's prediction is actually $1.53B-$1.54B this weekend.

Without Japan? $1.54B by this weekend implies an increase from last weekend, maybe? How does it get to there? 

2 hours ago, todos said:

Without Japan? $1.54B by this weekend implies an increase from last weekend, maybe? How does it get to there? 

I expecting the majority of increase BO revenue to again come from overseas earnings like the Netherlands. Czechia, and Sweden. Not only that, the performance in many Asian territories like Hong Kong and Korea may also be the factor.

Last weekend, IO2 BO revenue was increased by $100M, so i expected it to increase again by $80M-$100M, with the lowest at $1.51B and the highest at $1.54B. Japan doesn't come into the factor, because the film would be released in the country next week.

What Can beat inside out 2 in highest grossing animated ? My Guess is zootopia 2 if it is great it is so massive in Asia it Can even pass lion king 

There IS also shrek 5 and maybe Frozen 3 

11 minutes ago, Selma said:

What Can beat inside out 2 in highest grossing animated ? My Guess is zootopia 2 if it is great it is so massive in Asia it Can even pass lion king 

Considering CN+SK+JP combined for over 330M for Frozen 2, I think the odds it declines rather than increases are pretty damn high.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HummingLemon496 said:

No way it passes Lion King with the way Deadpool is blowing up like this. Gotta wait until Shrek 5 I guess.

I was more talking about zootopia 

1 hour ago, Selma said:

China isn't going to increase from the original for Zootopia 2. Neither is Japan. Remains to be seen what South Korea will do.

10 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

My comment was talking about Inside Out 2, I wasn't responding to your comment lol

Sorry my Bad lmao

Zootopia isn't beating IO2. The original did $70m Japan, $240m China, and $40m Russia. Apart from those markets, Zootopia was not as big as Inside Out.

Inside Out 2 was a perfect storm BO run, you can't expect any movie to do that.

2 hours ago, Bob Train said:

Zootopia isn't beating IO2. The original did $70m Japan, $240m China, and $40m Russia. Apart from those markets, Zootopia was not as big as Inside Out.

That could also mean that Zootopia 2 has a big margin to increase OS numbers in most every country (mostly Latam and Europe), as IO2 has increased from IO.

Zootopia made 370M from China (236), Japan (70), Russia (40) and SK (30)... out of 685M total OS. So the rest of the world made "only" 315M. 

IO to IO2 increase in OS markets:

OS -> 502 to 862 (so far)

UK  -> 59 to 61

France -> 30 to 51

Italy -> 27 to 46

Spain -> 24 to 41

Germany -> 32 to 40

Mexico -> 31 to 98

Brazil -> 14 to 73

Argentina -> 11 to 27

Colombia -> 6 to 19

Chile -> 7 to 18

China -> 15 to 45

SK -> 31 to 56

Australia -> 24 to 34

Philippines -> 4 to 14

Taiwan ->  5 to 14

If IO2 has increase from 502 (IO) to possibly 950-1B, I don't see why Zootopia 2 couldn't increase from 680 (Zootopia) to some 900M OS (even considering China, SK and Japan wouldn't repeat those monster numbers neither going to zero).

Domestically, IO has increased from 356 to some 630ish (+270M). Not saying Zootopia 2 should do the same, but from 341M could easily go to 450ish DOM (even 500+ if there is a good screenplay backing it up).

On the other side, I'd admit that there's a better appealing on the IO story evolution (from a child's mind to a teenager's mind) rather than Zootopia (or even Shrek 5) that would present a totally different new story).

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

On the other side, I'd admit that there's a better appealing on the IO story evolution (from a child's mind to a teenager's mind) rather than Zootopia

I don't think this was the thought at the time. Inside Out when it came out it was my opinion that a sequel wouldn't be a good idea. I had no idea how big Inside Out 2 would be.

But Zootopia seems designed to be expanded upon, with its worldbuilding. But there are other factors going against it. Maybe the enthusiasm for cop stories isn't what it used to be.

2 hours ago, Bob Train said:

IO made 502 OS, split into 65 (China, Russia and Japan) and 437 from the rest. 

Zootopia made 685 OS, split into 346 (China, Russia and Japan) and 339 from the rest. 

If we remove 200M from China , to a regular 30-40M, then you have IO and Zootopia at a tie around 850M WW.

I see a very good potential on Zootopia 2 to follow IO2's path with a good story and marketing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I don't think this was the thought at the time. Inside Out when it came out it was my opinion that a sequel wouldn't be a good idea. I had no idea how big Inside Out 2 would be.

But Zootopia seems designed to be expanded upon, with its worldbuilding. But there are other factors going against it. Maybe the enthusiasm for cop stories isn't what it used to be.

Let's see what's the story behind. The first movie was mostly about introducing a new world and the two characters (i don't even remember the "crime plot" they had to resolve). I just hope they don't go "environmental crime" and/or follow any political agenda. They should be creative.

2 hours ago, meriodejaneiro said:

Let's see what's the story behind. The first movie was mostly about introducing a new world and the two characters (i don't even remember the "crime plot" they had to resolve). I just hope they don't go "environmental crime" and/or follow any political agenda. They should be creative.

Ummm... the entire plot of the first film was racism. I hate allegory but there's no denying that it's one of WDAS's most political films

7 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

No way it passes Lion King with the way Deadpool is blowing up like this. Gotta wait until Shrek 5 I guess.

considering how well it’s holding domestically despite Deadpool and the fact Deadpool is underperforming HARD in South Korea where Inside Out is going strong and has yet to release in Japan? I think that’s way too early to call at this point 

Edited by AnthonyJPHer