kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | actuals | 58.40M KINGDOM OF THE PLANET OF THE APES | 13.70M THE FALL GUY | 4.38M CHALLENGERS | TAROT

Posted (edited)

I do think IF should still theoretically benefit on opening weekend from being the first kids movie in two months, if it was ever going to. And if everyone really does agree with wildphantom on it, it should be able to withstand competition from Garfield and both of them should be able to hold strong over a dead May 31. Still think Garfield left more money on the table choosing to go three weeks before a big Pixar franchise film, though I guess they did make the decision to move it when March still had two other kids movies as competition.

Edited by AniNate

I Saw Apes, and truly, its cinemascore is an injustice. But I can sort of understand why this is the case. The movie pacing is slow, like BR2049. Although there was some action-packed scene throughout but when it is cold, it is really slow. Also, some characters design within aren’t exactly your typical hero arc. That could be problematic for some if they are expecting some cliche heroic moment. 

But the visual effect is incredible and effective. I would say the effect is even better than dune 2. Strongly recommend to watch it in theater. You won’t have that atmosphere and attention through your home small screen. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Nope, sadly.

This was never going to be big OS.  But still what a GD shame. Everybody involved must wonder why they bothered if audiences were going to care this little and be this indifferent to it.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

How come I get a feeling there will be more adults without children who see Garfield in a theater than see The Fall Guy. Not sure what that says but yeah....

I'm pretty sure that won't be the case, though we have no way of accurately measuring that.

At a certain point you just have to let your bitterness go. Fall Guy is far from the first critically-praised flop and it will surely be nowhere near the last. There will still be other movies to look towards.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I Saw Apes, and truly, its cinemascore is an injustice. But I can sort of understand why this is the case. The movie pacing is slow, like BR2049. Although there was some action-packed scene throughout but when it is cold, it is really slow. Also, some characters design within aren’t exactly your typical hero arc. That could be problematic for some if they are expecting some cliche heroic moment. 

But the visual effect is incredible and effective. I would say the effect is even better than dune 2. Strongly recommend to watch it in theater. You won’t have that atmosphere and attention through your home small screen. 

justice for BR2049 :ph34r:

BLADE RUNNER 2049 (2017)A-

• Haha 1