kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | actuals | 58.40M KINGDOM OF THE PLANET OF THE APES | 13.70M THE FALL GUY | 4.38M CHALLENGERS | TAROT

2 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

Burton never really recovered from Planet of the Apes. 15 years deep into his career he didn't have a bad movie before that one.

It's also the least Tim Burtony movie he ever made. you could tell me some generic brett ratner type hack made it. like a planet of the apes movie with an actual Tim Burton aesthetic would've at least been something.

2 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

The score and the look is all him. Set design, costuming, makeup, score is all great. I still think it's maybe the best looking Apes movie.

Script us brutal. Marky Mark and Warren as leads also brutal.

I'd argue he never really recovered since Superman Lives was halted and scrapped. Sleepy Hollow and, yes, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory were really good though. Heck, even Big Fish has its moments. But, yeah, otherwise, enormous fall from grace. Alice was especially awful and put the globe on alert that he was finally completely washed.

Sweeney Todd is one of his best movies and everyone always forgets about it smh

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Panda 4 will narrowly miss 200m I accept it but can we at least get GxK to 200m? Two movies narrowly miss 200m is too painful to watch, especially after Bob missed 100m. 

And DUNE II missed 300M. :whosad:

20 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Twisters is Joker for the Midwest.

Still remember this (seriously). Haunting.

4 minutes ago, John Marston said:

makes  no sense

To be fair, the biggest summer hit in the past two years weren't that sensible either before the summer begins. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ringedmortality said:

Sweeney Todd is one of his best movies and everyone always forgets about it smh

Big Fish

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

To be fair, the biggest summer hit in the past two years weren't that sensible either before the summer begins. 

Don’t forget: The second highest grossing movie of last year, “The Super Mario Bros Movie” was another surprise. Many expected it to do well but not the insanely massive $1.362B WW numbers it actually ended up doing and it was in Spring at start of April. So, yes…the few previous years had certain box office phenomenons that nobody saw coming.

1 hour ago, titanic2187 said:

Panda 4 will narrowly miss 200m I accept it but can we at least get GxK to 200m? Two movies narrowly miss 200m is too painful to watch, especially after Bob missed 100m. 

Animated films getting extremely close to $200M+ DOM but never get there is indeed frustrating. Madagascar 1, Ice Age 2 & 3, Happy Feet and Monsters VS Aliens. All those animated films were close to that mark, especially the latter two but they never got there. 😔😣🤦🏻‍♀️

3 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

ain’t that lower now? Is it not doing well int?

It's dropping quite a bit in european markets as far as I can see and China is a total wash. No idea about latam/asia.

5 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

It's dropping quite a bit in european markets as far as I can see and China is a total wash. No idea about latam/asia.

It is scorching hot in Europe and honestly the hype for this movie wasn't no where close to the last 2 films. This feels more like a Rise situation. A 400+ WW total would be decent result. I hope it manages that much. Furiosa will bomb hard, so this has a solid chance of developing some legs in overseas markets.

• Like 1